Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2016 (Chicago) Festival • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 17, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also, Slayer and Anthrax are doing a US tour together. They'll be around Illinois during Riot Fest week but no Chicago date. Also have that weekend open....seems like a lock.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeesh, they had those two in back-to-back years. I get that they have new music, but it seems a little repetitive.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This was bound to happen. There are only so many big name metal/punk/hip hop bands to headline a festival like Riot Fest. It's why we've seen Riot Fest branch out to indie (Modest Mouse) and hard rock (System of a Down) in recent years as well.

4. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Looks like they'll both be in PA from Sept 15-18... There is an off day, but that seems like it'd be a huge pain in the ass to play a show in PA, fly to IL, then go right back to PA for another show. But, the fact that they left out Chicago from their touring route is probably a pretty big hint. If anything, they'll both play Friday night.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

With recent local changes in Riot Fest’s partnership in Toronto, the planning process and resources required in staging a fest in Ontario was no longer compatible because of the available timeline. While Riot Fest has fallen in love with Toronto and the province of Ontario because of all of the great music fans who have welcomed and supported us in these last few years, Riot Fest 2016 will only take place in Denver and Chicago. We have every hope that we'll be back in Toronto in the near future, and, in the meantime, we'll begin announcing the lineups for Denver (Sept. 2-4) and Chicago (Sept. 16-18) shortly.

LiveFast_DieOld likes this.
  6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This is the same weekend as Riot Fest.

[​IMG]

7. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure some people will make the trek over for Friday or whatever is opposite of what their date is.

8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Money is money. Flights aren't that bad and you rent some gear (or if you're both of these bands, likely have a second setup just for these purposes that can be moved around).

9. ocko

consider The Hold Steady doing Boys and Girls locked in. They've posted hints on their FB to denver and chicago plus posted below.

"More info on the first few shows will be available Wednesday, May 18. Mark it on your calendar!

(One apology: The plan was that today was going to be the day releasing the precise info on everything. Unfortunately, some details with our co-conspirators changed and it required waiting two more weeks on the details.)"

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

So lineup coming in one week?

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Jason Tate said that this year's lineup is A+.

12. SlappinCups May 11, 2016
    (Last edited: May 11, 2016)
    SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

if it can even be on par with 2013, i'll be stoked

think The Strokes and Green Day will ever play?

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Deftones announced some dates in May with Code Orange. No Chicago date.

14. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Announcement at 9:00 AM CDT!

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

16. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Didn't someone have a list of bands that were likely to play?

Underoath
    Deftones
    Refused

18. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I'm pretty sure that the song is TV Casualty by the Misfits which is on Static Age.

19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Oh please Misfits reunion.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

21. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Did y'all miss the giant Misfits logo at the end?

22. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

domotime2 likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Yup, I definitely did. Haha.

24. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I put the likelihood of a real Misfits reunion at worse odds than Leicester City winning the EPL.

25. Daniel182

Guys, I am too excited now at the thought of a Misfits reunion. I didn't watch the video until now, but the crimson ghost is definitely there at the end.

Doyle's bio on Instagram currently says: "GUITARIST OF THE MISFITS 1980-2001 / 20??-20??"

I think this is happening.