Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2016 (Chicago) Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 17, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so?

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Im not sure what you're asking me here lol

3. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

The majority of the bands are announced in this wave. There are a few that can't be but its never in big waves.

4. cwhit

why is a rock lacking lineup bad?

5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Don't think its a stretch to say a lot of folks around here prefer rock-leaning acts. It's obviously personal preference, not sure what you're trying to do here...

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

It's a major music festival, one that has been known in the past to be a good representation of all genres. Not only did it used to represent rock, it's top tiered acts used to always be rock acts (Pearl Jam, NIN, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, QOTSA). Now they are completely ignoring it.

7. cwhit

I would say MIA was always a very hip hop leaning festival due to the Jay-Z connection

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

looking at the past Made in America festivals, i'd say every year was pretty evenly split except last. 2015 def seemed to be more focused on pop and hip hop and dj acts. And they're definitely trending away from rock

but then again, what festival isn't trending away from rock

hint........ the thread we're in :)

9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I went mainly for those acts but some of the crowd sizes for those bands were so sad. QUOTSA in particular played to almost no one because they are all getting ready to see whatever EDM DJ was on next.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm predicting line up next week.

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Predicting Alice in Chains to pop up on this.

12. Daniel182

My current predictions are Thursday, Underoath, and Motion City Soundtrack.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

As headliners or just in general? None of them are big enough to be main stage headliners. They definitely could headline a side stage though. And I definitely agree that we will see all 3 there.

I'm expecting 3 of the following: Green Day, Paramore, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool (Tool is a lock as far as I'm concerned).

14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I'm throwing Deftones in there as well.

15. Daniel182

No, I just mean in general. I think your headliner predictions also seem pretty likely.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I would not be surprised if any of those bands ended up playing.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

My headliner prediction is definitely Tool - Deftones - Alice in Chains. Then the undercard is gonna be topped with Iggy Pop's new band with Josh Homme (forget the name), At the Drive In and Refused.

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

So basically another hard rock festival...

19. Daniel182

I would be so happy with Refused.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure I can see them going quite that heavy with more than one headliner. Is Deftones big enough to be a headliner? (I genuinely am asking, I really have no frame of reference for how big their fanbase is, but I imagined that they would play maybe like a 6:30-7:30 slot.)

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh then I definitely agree with you. I'm really hoping for Paramore, Tool, Green Day (I would personally pick A7X over Tool just because I've never listened to Tool, but Tool seems like a lock).

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Any other festival I would say definitely not, but this is Riot Fest - they usually have smaller named headliners. Like last year (or maybe it was the year before) Modest Mouse and Janes Addiction were both headliners......i'd say Deftones is bigger than both of them.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Woof. That would be disappointing as fuck

kpatrickwood likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea see I would've thought both those bands were bigger, but like I said I'm really pretty unfamiliar with them so it'll be interesting to see. I guess there usually is a smaller headliner. Regardless, I'm excited to see.

25. MarkJ801

Regular

Keep in mind there's essentially 4 headliners a night