Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2016 (Chicago) Festival • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 17, 2016.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm surprised that 311 NEVER gets involved in the festival scenes. They have a huge following and are interesting enough that i think adding them to a rock festival makes sense...

Talking Heads, well.... you have Talking Heads, Husker Du, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Jawbreaker...all bands who say they will never reunite (but always could) that could definitely be a major get for Riot fest.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Riot Fest is about the only major festival that hasn't announced it's lineup yet.

Wrecking Ball ATL, Outside Lands, FYF Fest, Bumbershoot, North Coast, So What?!, and THE FEST (which all happen in August-October) have all announced their lineups.

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Nah we still have Made in America, Austin City Limits and Voodoo to look forward to. And I'm interested in seeing the trainwreck that is Skate & Surf announce it's lineup.

4. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

I still hold on to some sliver of hope that Made in America will be good for once.

5. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Yeah, I know 311 used to have their own fest thing where they'd play like 3 nights straight, but that's it as far as I know. I'm sure if the money's right they'd do it.

I think out of all those possible reunions Husker Du would be the most likely, but I think the only band you can absolutely give a 0% chance to is The Smiths. I'd love Jawbreaker but I think we have a better chance of getting Jets to Brazil (which I would also love).

6. If we're talking reunions I'll throw in the obligatory Op Ivy request

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Rumor I'm hearing is that Rihanna and Calvin Harris are the two headliners. And that they've almost completely ignored rock/alternative acts this year.

So no, still not good lol.

8. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

This makes me the saddest Taco-King in all the land... :(

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I thought you were talking about Riot Fest for a second and got so confused lol

T_D_A_G_A_R_I_M likes this.
  10. abear182

Regular

Now where in May any idea when the line up will be annouced?

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably late in the month.

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Last year's initial band announcement was May 27th.

13. MarkJ801

Regular

I feel like it'll come earlier than that this year though. Tickets have already been on sale for a long time where they weren't yet last year.

14. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I believe they've been on sale for the same amount of time.

15. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Last year also had all the location drama. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to Mid-May this year for the announcement.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah two years ago I remember it being like May 14th or something? I'm gonna guess May 13th or one of the days the following week. I hope it's good!

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Riot Fest posted an article about Lit. I wondered if Riot Fest might get some bands like them this year.

18. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

It was a humor piece. Riot Fest usually posts stuff like that (and also from Hard Times). I wouldn't read too far into it.

19. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

They usually announce the bands in waves right? Like the May announcement is approx 80% of the bands and its followed up by the remaining bands getting announced in June?

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I expect them every year. It's got to happen one of these years, and if they are working on a new album this year, I could see them being ready for a show in September. Maybe with a new single out.

21. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I don't know what would make me happier, Paramore playing Riot Fest or them actually having new music ready by Riot Fest.

22. domotime2

it could be the only chance to do/see paramore with a fun crowd that's why i'm so into the idea

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I could see Paramore Friday night, Tool Saturday night (if the rumors are true), and Green Day Sunday night.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they got Avenged Sevenfold. I just saw them get announced for some festival. But I don't think they'd do Tool And A7X as headliners in the same year.

I can't really see MCR reuniting any time soon. It seemed like they were pretty serious about breaking up when they did. I could see them one day, but I think it's a little too soon. That would be something else though if they did.

I also would not be surprised to see All Time Low play at least Chicago. I think they were in Toronto or Denver last year, but I could see them coming back for a one off Chicago show.

And like most people I definitely expect Motion City Soundtrack to be there. I would absolutely love if Riot Fest ended up being their final show. (Well not because I'm happy that they're going away, but it'd be awesome to be able to be at their last show).

I could also see Turnover, Citizen, maybe the Wonder Years again.

24. domotime2

MCR eventually, whenever they're ready to go, will definitley play riot fest. Maybe 2017

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I didn't even think about it but it would be a different crowd for a Paramore show. I would definitely be into it. Paramore is always a good time.