Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2016 (Chicago) Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 17, 2016.

1. troyplaysbass Mar 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2016)
    September 16-18, Douglas Park, Chicago IL

Tickets

[​IMG]

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

A month and a half until we get the lineup

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think this is the least excited about Riot Fest I have been since I started going back in 2012.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Why's that?

5. Even the remote possibility that Thursday will be playing means it's the most excited I've ever been.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

1. I am not expecting the lineup to be great.
    2. I am going to Bled Fest, Rock On The Range, Chicago Open Air, and two Warped Tour dates.
    3. I expect the weather to be crappy like it has been every other year.
    4. And I have a feeling Riot Fest will be the Chicago date for blink/ADTR and I would prefer to see them outside of Riot Fest.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough haha

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

And because my friends bailed on me last year! They're both Packers fans and stayed home and watched the Bears/Packers game instead.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That sucks, I bought my tickets when they went on sale. I'm holding my hopes really high for Saves The Day t play SWYA and an MCR reunion even though that's rumored for S&S

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I have my 3-day pass too! For $100 it's still a bargain even if I don't go all three days.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah definitely. At this point I've decided I'm probably going to go every year

12. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Didn't grab early bird tickets, but Craigslist came in clutch last year so I'll probably just end up doing the same.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Here is the Denver lineup! I guess we can expect a similar one for Chicago. >-p

[​IMG]

14. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Can't wait for Bees

15. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

I remember seeing them a few years ago. It's cool to see they're starting to generate some.....buzz.

I'm sorry.

HalfHearted likes this.
  16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I don't get it. It flew over my head.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

baseball is here, which means spring is here, which means the lineup is almost here, which means something I guess.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Streetlight is playing in Boston on 9/17 and they have a show in Chicago next month. I would assume they are out.

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

okay. im confused. why doesnt tour forum show up anywhere? I can only find it when searched

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Same here. I have to click on my notifications to get here.

21. domotime2

let me go complain (ask)

22. domotime2

found it! There's a "sub-forum" button on the music forum. it exists!

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

No Chicago date and they have no shows during Riot Fest weekend. I bet they play Riot Fest.

24. Gonna do backflips during "American Hearts." Piebald is a band I really thought I'd never see live.

25. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Riot Fest is putting on their May show so that wouldn't eliminate them but the Boston show makes them seem very unlikely.