Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rilo Kiley Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Oct 20, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yeah the lyrics to Execution are great.

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

i've known about this band for years because blake sennett played a brilliant part on boy meets world and he's so cool but i've never listened to them beyond maybe a song or two. posting to remind myself to check out one of their albums tomorrow

EarthShifts likes this.
  3. EarthShifts

Trusted

Joey! I am also a huge Boy Meets World fan and always loved the connection.

I was at a Rilo Kiley show back in 05 and the band started throwing fruit into the audience right before their encore. I saw Blake toss an apple towards where I was and everything just became slow. I shut my eyes and jumped as high as I could and it just landed in my hands. It felt like an uplifting scene from a movie. Haha. I kept the stem for a long time.

If you want more Blake, check out his band "The Elected". I really enjoy their album "Sun, Sun, Sun". He shreds on it.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your journey into Rilo Kiley.

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

execution is incredible

paints peeling
    good that wont come out
    better son/daughter
    my slumbering heart

probably all of their best songs are on that album.

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Holy shit I'm only half way through, but Execution is so good, so much more immediate than Take Offs was. Better Son/Daughter just came on and fucking destroyed me wow

6. bedwettingcosmo

haha wow i wish i was you rn

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Shout out to Jenny Lewis for enunciating so well so I don't need a lyric sheet btw

SpyKi likes this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

ya, real easy . you seem like someone i would be friends with irl. rilo kiley 4ever

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

She captured those feelings super perfectly without being cheesy on that song, it like snapped into perfect clarity from me not paying attention to being enraptured

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Likewise! I'm on this train, here to stay now, Rilo Kiley rocks

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Jesus, this band's songwriting is so good. How have I not heard more about them beyond being the "Boy Meeta World band??"

EarthShifts likes this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Well, Boy Meets World is sick so naturally it's a good pairing

EarthShifts likes this.
  13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Spectacular Views is the fuckin best

EarthShifts and Surfwax like this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

ok ill listen to rilo and pretend im 17 again.

Aregala and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  15. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Side A of More Adventurous might be my favorite sequence in their discography

EarthShifts and airik625 like this.
  16. EarthShifts

Trusted

Been on a huge Rilo Kiley kick lately. I came across 2 videos of Blake coming out and playing 2 songs with Jenny a couple of Coachellas ago. Had no idea that happened but it gives me hope that maybe we'll see the band again some day.

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

My biggest hope is getting to see a bunch of those inactive Saddle Creek bands someday + Cursive so I really hope you're right. It never occurred to me before, but what was the reason behind their break up?

18. EarthShifts

Trusted

I believe it stemmed from some tension between Blake and Jenny.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Ooh. I'd seen videos of them performing together post RK so that possibility had never occurred to me. Hope a reunion isn't off the table

20. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Been kind of obsessed this year with this band, after discovering Execution. I've basically decided to go through Jenny Lewis's discography chronologically and spend time with each record . . . It's been really rewarding. She's one of the best songwriters around, I think.

21. airik625 Aug 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2017)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You're in for a treat bud.

More Adventurous is one of my favorite albums to be released in the last...13 years. Holy shit I've been listening to that album for 13 years.

22. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Oh yeah, I've spent several months with More Adventurous, and it's become one of my favorite albums ever. The back half of that album always blows me away. Some of the best lyrics I've ever heard. I've been listening to the album she did with the Watson Twins this summer, and I guess it's about time to move on to RK's last one.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Jenny is a really fantastic musician and songwriter

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Under The Blacklight has some really groovy tracks on it. I thoroughly enjoy about half of it, while I usually skip the other half of the album.

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I feel about the same. It's kind of uneven but I think I'd still take the parts I love over all of Take Offs. Like that one, but nothing in particular I love. Might be due for a revisit though