Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rick and Morty (Adult Swim) TV Show • Page 55

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 19, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Good, because it was the worst.

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Season three was solid

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  3. From the EW interview. Sounds like they're still open to it, unfortunately.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Gross.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. DarkHotline

Goddamn, that app bit made me laugh

7. scroopy.noopers

: (

morty's mind blowers might be one of my fav episodes they've done so far.

local_corn likes this.
  8. Mostly disliked season 3 and all of the truly awful fanbase stuff certainly didn’t help. Definitely will watch s4 but I can’t say I’m anywhere near as excited about this show as I used to be

RyanPm40, Cameron and incognitojones like this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I liked season 3 maybe the most but there are a lot of factors keeping me from fully enjoying this show

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

The shitty fans definitely put a damper on things, which sucks because I find it’s a show that many different kinds of people can find something out of it they like and enjoy it.

11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Season 3 only really suffered from being too self-aware in addressing the emotional development of the characters. What was always brilliantly kept implicit in 1 and 2 were rubbed in the audience's face.

sawhney[rusted]2 and angel paste like this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Maybe I just don't go on twitter or reddit or, well any social media other than IG and this site? But having the fans of something ruin the actual something is just the craziest thing in the world to me

13. DarkHotline

The whole sauce thing was fucking stupid. The sauce wasn’t even that good.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah it's real weird when people dislike something for a reason other than the thing itself

15. I mean normally I agree but this is a show known for consistently providing fan service and most of their fans are garbage so there’s a pretty direct correlation there. Naturally I’m gonna feel pretty apprehensive about supporting the thing that sent a bunch of “Pickle Rick” screaming dorks on tirades about how anybody that wasn’t a fan of the show (or a novelty McDonald’s sauce) just didn’t have a high enough IQ to “get it” lol

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Bad fanbases can also spill out into other places where you digest pop culture or social media and even real life, especially if you go to any conventions or fan events. It’s very easy to make negative associations outside of just a work by itself, and those can leave a bad taste easily.

Philll and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. what

Regular

I’m only on twitter (and chorus) and maybe I just don’t follow the right (wrong?) circles, but I don’t really see any of the shitty fan comments that are often talked about in here. I’ll consider myself lucky. Anyways pumped for the new season.

I liked the sauce, so maybe I’m part of the problem.

18. DarkHotline

Like I still love the show regardless of the chud fans, there’s enough about it that makes me still watch and enjoy it. I’m just not gonna wear a R&M shirt in public or anything.

19. Philll

Trusted

I'm happy to put my hand up and say that the unhealthy sectors of the fanbase have been detrimental to my enjoyment of the show.

Like I'm not saying the show is 100% responsible for the crowds it attracts, but obviously it's not a complete coincidence that it draws out all these shitheads.

Kinda just thinking this out loud as I type, but I guess my issue really is that there's just so much toxic discourse out there that if I see something acting like a catalyst for that, even indirectly, I'm inclined to give it a miss.

20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

the show is the best thing on tv whenever its on, and yeah the fan culture for it is annoying, but you really should just enjoy it for what it is and not what shitheads have chosen to do with it.

separate thought: they got that huge episode order, they have to do an ep or two just eviscerating that fanbase, right?

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I hardly remember season 3
    Time for a rewatch

22. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I disagree with most of the comments about season 3 in this thread, but I'm still excited for the new season. Rick and Morty always has potential to be great even when I personally don't think it is

Hopefully the break made some of the more shitty/obsessive to a fault fans step back but that's just wishful thinking I think haha

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

They made a rick and morty pocket operator for teenage engineering and in the little ad for it Rick says “you have to have a pretty high IQ” lmao

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I've said this a bunch in the past but when the creators of the show publicly disavow the worst elements of their fanbase and do nothing whatsoever to encourage it, it's hard for me to find any way to hold them or the show responsible. People have misinterpreted the show's message since Day 1 (the "high IQ" people especially), despite the fact that the show is not subtle whatsoever about how the audience should watch it and how they should see Rick as a character. It's no different than people misinterpreting Fight Club or American Psycho, or any number of other pieces of media that have been twisted by moron chuds throughout history. I'm not going to hold that against the show.

Now, if they were to ever actually follow through on the Kanye West thing, for example, that'll be something that I will absolutely hold against the show.

25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

^ 100%. Especially when the thing in question is a tv show and you’re not actually experiencing it alongside those people.

Like if it was a concert and you were getting knocked around by terrible fans, that’s different. But choosing not to watch a tv show because they have some shitty fans is wild to me, especially when the creators aren’t at fault for it.