Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rick and Morty (Adult Swim) TV Show • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 19, 2016.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Jesus Christ. That does get them to the syndication threshold though

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Wtf. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. Especially since each season is what like, 10-12 episodes?

3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Watch it be like the "22 short films about springfield" and just be 70 "rick and morty adventures" in a single episode. :-)

4. jjnunn118

There was that shitty Anger Management Charlie Sheen show that had a 10 episode first season, then a 90 episode second season

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

That’s a whole like style of TV. I forget the producers but the approach to Anger Management was unfortunately not an isolated incident

6. 70 more?! That's wild haha. I wonder if they'll have a more consistent production and release schedule going forward.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Wow, very cool and exciting. I wonder if they'll bump the episode count per season or if this means we have 7 more seasons to look forward to

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

thats fucking crazy

Dog with a Blog and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I can’t believe they wanted to commit to that many considering how much the show seems to take out of them. Either way I’m beyond excited for this. I guess it’ll be seven more seasons of 10 episodes each?

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dan and Justin should have requested one less episode

11. Anthony_

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That’s cool but let’s be real, there’s no way this show is still gonna be great by the time season 10 rolls around

I Am Mick, JM95 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Tell that to Always Sunny

alina, SpyKi, PandaBear! and 7 others like this.
  14. Anthony_

And Archer (it's on 9 currently but has one more left after this)

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They've had some bad seasons tho

16. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Archer is wayyy less dependent on plot and universe-building than Rick & Morty. The same jokes became a crutch many seasons ago

incognitojones likes this.
  17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

...or I could tell it to the hundreds of shows that ran for ten seasons and jumped the shark long before then. I just don’t think this show can sustain this level of creativity and character arcs for 70 more episodes without getting stale

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Every show has had some bad episodes, you just get more bad sprinkled in the longer the show goes. I easily would argue that Sunny is still a great show in the past 3-4 seasons, no question.

I'm also not worried about R+M quality, I've been given no reason to worry yet so why worry about the unknown?

19. zerotimeseleven

Smart move on their part in all honesty. They wanted something set in stone. They know they're Adult Swim's most valuable asset right now and they want to capitalize on that. Instead of fighting with the network and parent company after each season and having to renegotiate their contracts they get to take their time and produce a steady stream of content that will satisfy them creatively and financially.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

And this will get them to $yndication $$$$

21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

oh no what if they don't renew it

oh no they renewed it for too many episodes

DeviantRogue, dadbolt, alina and 8 others like this.
  22. Anthony_

Right?

alina likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

I mean... was there ever real doubt this would get renewed?

zerotimeseleven and Contender like this.
  24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't huge on most of season three upon revisiting but I'm not ready to write the show off because it

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah idk S3 was kinda clunky, and 70 ep is ridiculous