Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Richard Jewell (Clint Eastwood, December 13,2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Cannot back this statement enough. I’ve said this in other threads but I worked on the fifth Transformers movie and watched Michael Bay put the entire crew in danger. One of the controlled fires on set got out of control and, as the crew rushed to put it out, Bay got on his bullhorn and screamed at everyone to keep filming because he wanted to capture it. We were in an old, abandoned plant filled with asbestos. Black smoke filled the area. One of the crew wound up getting hurt by falling debris.

Disgusting. Hollywood is broken.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fucking hell, wish more people would go public about shit like that

3. I would love another Western from him.

4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Same, I think if anyone can do another spin on the genre it is him.

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

EASheartsVinyl and Zilla like this.
  7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That is the truth.

Hauser is great in this. I think Jewell’s case is interesting. But this is not to the level of something like “Sully.” The press and government certainly strung him up at first sign of him being a person of interest, but they’re all played up like Bond villains, Wilde especially.

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I could tell from the trailer Wilde’s character was going to be broadly written to a fault but this sounds like it goes even further than I expected

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The moment she appears on the screen, you know exactly what you’re in for and it never changes. Pretty much the same for Hamm’s character.

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Wtf

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing this tonight.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was pretty good minus the way the female reported was handled.

14. thread

GrantCloud and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

Clint on that hard anti-government, anti-media tip:folded:

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

"I study the penal code every night."

jkauf likes this.
  17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Olivia Wilde’s performance only tracks if her first scene is her doing just a fuckton of cocaine

jkauf, Zilla and riotspray like this.
  18. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Well this had a weak opening weekend in the US with an estimated $5m which is less than half of what The 15:17 to Paris made in its opening weekend and that was hardly a big hit, I think people are growing tired of these inspired by real-life events kind of films from Eastwood.

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

It wasn’t bad, definitely better than The Mule. Definite issues with how Scruggs was portrayed, some editing, etc. Also hard not to separate from Eastwood’s politics these days, especially when you have the confederate flag showing up in shots. Bates has a great scene, I enjoyed Rockwell in this when he’s been kind of grating to me lately, and Hauser is really good — hits an emotional beat *almost* as good as Driver’s while eating a donut.

riotspray likes this.
  20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The whole time I was watching this, I couldn't help but think of the Mr. Pickles spinoff...

[​IMG]

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Zilla likes this.
  22. username

hey you lil piss baby

The original post this is quoting + this tweet + the conversation(s) happening in the replies do a really good job of encapsulating late Eastwood auteurism/fandom. I’m sure most here will disagree but a lot of what I (and I’m sure many others) see in his films is articulated really well in all this.

23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Imagine thinking a jingoistic movie that created the fake legend of Chris Kyle in “American Sniper” is a gift.

Considering his age, Eastwood is a competent filmmaker who can make something great like “Sully.” But he hits almost as much as he misses.

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Fake legend? (That movie sucks, though)

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

His reputation for being an American hero is built on lies in his book and completely made-up scenarios in the movie.