Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Richard Edwards - Lemon Cotton Candy Sunset (March 31st, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Lol. I just found this thread, but yeah, I knew I'd check it out after seeing your posts. The Can't Love, Can't Hurt comparison though . . . Not much hits that spot for me.

airik625 likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That album does hold a very special place in my heart.

3. Rollin' is fucking something else. Might go down as one of his best songs. That thing just builds and builds until it's absolutely soaring in the bridge. Can't wait to listen to that one looooouuuuudddd when the record comes.

Richard taking the award for Most Underrated Falsetto home to sit on the mantle next to Most Underrated Songwriter.

airik625 likes this.
  4. airik625

"Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'" is my favorite song to be released this year. That country twang is to fucking die for.

5. airik625

6. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

went to google looking to see if the rollin' lyrics had been transcribed or posted yet, ended up preordering the record. whoops.

7. airik625

That doesn't exactly sound like a mistake haha. Correcting a mistake, perhaps?

8. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Yeahhh probably. For the past three or so Margot releases (including the big box set) I've always put off preordering cause "what if I don't like this one??" even though I've ended up loving all of them. Same thought process prevented me from preordering this one, because I'm an idiot, apparently. But at least one that's learned to self-correct.

airik625 likes this.
  9. airik625

I hope no one is getting tired of me bumping this thread.

achoiceofthree and KidLightning like this.
  10. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

you're doing the lord's work, if we bump this thread enough maybe people will think a lot of people like it and jump on the lord's train.

KidLightning and airik625 like this.
  11. airik625

This was secretly my plan all along.

12. angel paste

ahhhh i remember when i did that in the last glass animals thread... ahhhhh.... good times...

(delayed quoting you for that extra little bump ;p)

airik625 likes this.
  13. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

So I was putting together a list of books to order for my students today (I teach kids in first through third grade but I also order a lot of books for the older students at my school) and I was adding some books from the Redwall series when I caught the book title "Mariel of Redwall." Then I caught the book title "Martin the Warrior," also from the Redwall series. I knew that Richard had said the names Mariel and Martin had come from a book but I wouldn't have guessed these. Pretty cool.

14. angel paste

want this record right abouuuuuuuuttttttt now

KidLightning likes this.
  15. airik625

Less than two weeks away now.

angel paste and KidLightning like this.
  16. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I have zero inside knowledge, and this is total speculation, but I could see this streaming on NPR this week.

angel paste likes this.
  17. airik625

KidLightning likes this.
  18. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Got my vinyl preorder in the mail today. The pink and yellow swirl is so pretty.

Now I think I can also say that I've had this album since late January because of a Soundcloud snafu when he tried to share one new song, but the link to the song accidentally included the link to the full album playlist... it has been so hard to bite my tongue on it since then because this is hands down the best album he's ever written and easily one of the best albums I've ever heard. I can't praise it enough. So excited for others to hear it.

gonz (Alex) and airik625 like this.
  19. airik625

Did you really? Did you get a shipping notification or anything? I haven't received anything.

20. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

No shipping notification, it just showed up.

21. airik625

So jealous. How did it come? USPS? UPS? FedEx?

22. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

USPS Media Mail. Has your mail been delivered yet today? Crossing my fingers for you!

23. airik625

Not yet, but normally I receive a notification from USPS letting me know I have a package on the way, and I haven't gotten anything of the sort yet. Ugh.

24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I've been trying to curb my vinyl purchasing, but these pressings looks so great that I may have to scoop this up. Especially if the album is as good as I think it's going to be.

25. airik625

Holy shit this is incredible. Everything I hoped it would be and more. Will be hard-pressed to find a record I enjoy more this year (unless it's Richard Edwards' follow-up release).

KidLightning likes this.