Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rhye - Home (January 22, 2021)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OotyPa, Jan 22, 2021.

1. OotyPa Jan 22, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2021)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

another album from the absolutely serene soul-pop group. found this record to be especially groovy.

2. Really really good so far. Come to expect nothing less from them

3. Also not that it *really* matters but it might be worth noting that Time is an SG Lewis song that just features Rhye and isn’t actually on a Rhye record haha

4. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

That bassline on Sweetest Revenge *chef's kiss*

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. I really like that this record takes its time to sorta work its energy up, and then work its way back down in the last few tracks to end the same way it started. I can see an argument where it could stand to be tightened up a bit, but imo it’s a pretty rewarding listen

6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I know but I love it and wanted to include it lol. It feels like it's the same vibe as this record, if not a bit more in your face.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I didn't even know this was coming out

OotyPa likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I hope this’ll be their comeback. These guys are way too slept on, but I just don’t know how to rec them to people here.

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This is their best record by a solid margin. Very impressed. The intro and outro tracks are gorgeous

OotyPa likes this.
  10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I still think Woman is my favorite, but so much more solemn. I need to dig into this more.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Christ. That is horrifying.

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Removed every song from the playlists.

14. Wow. It just kept getting worse. Fuck this guy

OotyPa likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yup. Really made me sick to my stomach to read that whole thing. Absolutely vile. I always had a weird feeling about this dude's cover art. To know the lyrics and music itself includes references and actual manipulated sounds of sexual abuse is fucking disgusting. I can never listen to anything involving this guy again. My heart goes out to his ex-wife. Sheesh.

stars143 and trevorshmevor like this.
  16. Yeah I feel like as far as indie-adjacent music goes, we rarely see actual confirmed representation of the allegations in the abuser’s art. The lyrics and sound clips Alexa posted are downright haunting

17. Absolute scum. Hope he gets what's coming to him.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's pretty fucking wild that he's just posting on Instagram stories like nothing is happening, a true psycho

19. stars143

Trusted

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Glad this is finally getting press. Dude is disgusting.

irthesteve likes this.