Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Resurfaced: Green Day Play Their High-School

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I hadn’t seen this before, and it’s making the rounds online again, but footage of Green Day playing a show at their high-school in 1990 is up on YouTube.

Set List

1. Going To Pasalacqua
    2. At The Library
    3. 409 In Your Coffee Maker
    4. 16
    5. The Judge’s Daughter
    6. Road To Acceptance
    7. Knowledge [Operation Ivy]
    8. Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?
    9. 1000 Hours
    10. Don’t Leave Me [Incomplete]
    11. Rest
    12. Paper Lanterns
    13. Disappearing Boy
    14. I Don’t Know
    15. Disappearing Boy [Again]
    16. At The Library [Again]
    17. I Was There
    18. Dry Ice

2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Pinole Valley High School!

3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I'd rather see this live than any of the current Green day stuff. They should do a tour all pre American Idiot stuff, maybe at smaller type venues than they usually play, but will never happen because $$$$. ( Although if a band were to do something like this Green Day would be not far fetched because BJ does play in smaller venues a bit with his other bands.)

4. Green Day play small shows more frequently than almost any other band I can think of of their size. They show up with weird names and play 200-400 cap stuff in California, it feels like, at least once a year.

5. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

thats awesome, love bands that do stuff like that

6. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

We're only 2 years away from the much awaited 30 year anny tour for Kerplunk.

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah, they’re at least cooler than 99% of bands their size. They’re the worlds largest punk band ever.

David Parke likes this.
  8. AMC

Regular

You are probably right, but money wise... Believe it or not Blink has generated more money.

9. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

This brings me back. Played the shit out 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours when I was in Middle School.

10. AMC

Regular

I can't stop watching this. It reminds me of a 80s\ 90s high school movie. Watching the kids in the audience is so funny.

11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

A classic

12. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

How do you figure? Green Day has sold ~85 million albums to Blink's ~50 million and have been touring for a lot longer.

13. now this content is ABSOLUTE-ly PUNK

David Parke likes this.
  14. Neon Light

rage and love

It wouldn’t happen because they’re not a legacy band and they don’t want to only play songs they wrote 25 years ago.

15. AMC

Regular

Look it up. Tom and mark both have more money than Billie.

16. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

But you said Blink has generated more money than Green Day which isn't true.

If you're talking personally, Mark and Tom may have more money than BJ but that's likely a result of the success of Macbeth Footwear, Atticus, Hi My Name is Mark, Modlife, Angels & Airwaves, To the Stars, and all their other business ventures rather than the success of the band. Billie Joe hasn't done much of anything outside of Green Day.

Blink as a band has sold fewer records and toured far less than Green Day over the years so Green Day has made more than Blink.

17. TheJMan

Trusted

I could be completely wrong but I wouldn't think that all of Mark/Tom's side projects would be able to make up the difference in BJ's wallet. Like you said blink has sold fewer records and Green Day have toured much more than blink has. Green Day has been touring for approximately 27 years while blink has toured for approximately 19 years while selling 35 million more records. That's a huge gap there.

18. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Well just using common sense, a band makes the majority of their money from album sales and touring. If Green Day has sold far more records and toured much longer than Blink in similar sized venues than it stands to reason that the reason Tom and Mark are worth more than Billie Joe is due to their equity in all their business ventures because Billie Joe really hasn't done much in this regard.

19. TheJMan

Trusted

I guess I'm questioning the source that says Tom/Mark are worth more than Billie Joe.

20. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah fair enough. Celebrity Net Worth has $80M, $70M and $55M for Tom, Mark and Billie Joe but who knows how accurate that is.

AMC and TheJMan like this.
  21. Fuck what a blast. They were so tight so early.

AMC likes this.