Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Resident Evil Video Game • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 9, 2016.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Still slowly going through my first playthrough, I just got the two key cards. Can already tell I'll be playing through this several times, might even go for a platinum.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  2. Zev Jameson Loika

Life's a garden, dig it.

Just got that sweet sweet platinum yesterday. Feels good.

PandaBear! and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  3. Zev Jameson Loika

Life's a garden, dig it.

Also, I can't remember who asked but you DO get infinite ammo after beating the game on madhouse. So worth it.

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

My roommate got a PSVR a few days ago, can't wait to try this out later

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Had to watch a walkthrough for Happy Birthday. I had everything figured out except the combination for the straw doll. Still not sure how the guy on the vid got it. I'm assuming he used the dirty telescope off screen or when he wasn't recording. I have no idea what it would have been used for otherwise.

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

You walk through the water with the telescope out, therefore making it not dirty, and then you can see the combination written on one of the walls.

Cameron likes this.
  7. chris

Trusted Supporter

you look through the telescope while under those sprinklers to clean it off, then use it to look at that set of TV screens, shows the combination.
    edit: beat me

Cameron likes this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh. My. God. That's awesome, and now I'm mad at myself for not thinking of that.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  9. Letterbomb31 Feb 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 4, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I just finished my first playthrough of RE7, it took me 9 hours 13 minutes. It was pretty much everything I wanted it to be, so I'd rate it a solid 8/10. What does the ending mean though? I'm guessing that guy was Chris Redfield? Is the Umbrella logo on the helicopter meant to make us doubt if they're really being rescued? I haven't played all of the Resident Evil games so I don't really know what happened in the story in the first few games beyond what I've read here and there over the years.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I read somewhere that it may not be Chris Redfield but someone from RE2 called 'Hunk' who was basically on the same team as Chris. People believe this because the guy at the end of RE7 looks exactly like Hunk and nothing like Chris Redfield. The upcoming DLC may answer this tho

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Also just finished, 9:45 but I'm pretty sure like an hour of that was paused/idling in a safe room while I made dinner one night lol. Pretty much a perfect Resident Evil game, can't believe there are fans of the originals who hate this.

Dirty Sanchez and PandaBear! like this.
  12. Zev Jameson Loika

Life's a garden, dig it.

Anyone here able to complete Ethan Must Die yet? I've been trying like hell but just can't do it. They weren't kidding when they said it was brutal.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just got done with Mia's flashback mission on the old ship.
    I love this game. I'm assuming I'm very close to the end.

PandaBear! and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

That's about the 75-80% mark! You're close to the end of the boat section if that's any consolation:crylaugh:
    I'm at that part on my 3rd playthrough - chose normal again so I can get fully familiar with the circular saw and getting better at headshots before tackling Madhouse mode. Died 3 times so far but 2 were me being stupid on bosses.

Cameron and Letterbomb31 like this.
  15. chris

Trusted Supporter

not even close haha. I was stoked when I read about the difficulty+rogue-like style but man, basically dying in one hit does not help. I would say they need to increase your HP slightly to make it more playable, but then I got one of those steroid needles as a drop so I guess increasing your HP is just part of the challenge.

edit: also I haven't tried blocking when getting attacked so maybe that's more important in this mode?

16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I purchased the add. content last night and only 2 things downloaded - bedroom and nightmare. Is Ethan Must Die a separate thing I have to buy or a difficulty level or what? I haven't played the game since I downloaded it.

17. Zev Jameson Loika

Life's a garden, dig it.

Blocking helps, but you can only get hit twice rather than three times so it isn't THAT useful. I got all the way to the end before dying in an embarrassing fashion.

18. Zev Jameson Loika

Life's a garden, dig it.

It should be included in the DLC under the "Extras" part of the main menu but not under the "Banned Footage volume 1" section.

PandaBear! likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finished! So good.

Though I think my game may have glitched out even though I saved Zoe, and not Mia for some reason I played as Mia during that whole second half. At first I could have sworn I was Zoe. Then I played the Mia flashback mission, and after words realized I was still Mia. So I'm assuming whomever you save you play as her. Anyways great game. Capcom nailed it. Loved the Umbrella/Redfield nod at the end.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I believe you do play as Mia no matter who you save. So it probably wasn't just your game glitching out.

I Am Mick likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ah I assumed so.

22. PandaBear! Feb 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2017)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Cannot believe that I just beat Mia on madhouse difficulty without even dying!!! Even ran out of ammo and was using the axe at the end! 1 more hit and I would've died for sure though. Now i'm hiding from Jack - the fear is back again!

Edit: Holy Shit - managed to beat the garage fight without dying too, even after he got in the fucking car! Taken him down once with the circular saw too, he's everywhere I fucking go!!!

Edit 2: Holy Fucking Shit - chainsaw Jack took 30 seconds on the highest difficulty? He kneed me in the nads once and that was the only hit he got on me!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Completed Madhouse (finally) - 10 restarts in total but only 7 of those were deaths (2 of which were totally dumb ones that could've been avoided). Hardest part was definitely the end of the caves, on which I died 3 times. The two fat molded were surprisingly easy, but the part going up to them gets tough if you can't isolate each molded that comes at you.

Anyone still playing this game?! Lol

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. Zev Jameson Loika

Life's a garden, dig it.

Dude, the two fat molded on madhouse nearly made me smash my controller! For me, getting up to them in the cave was the easy part!

25. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Cameron and PandaBear! like this.