Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Resident Evil Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

omg metacritic fan reviews are too funny. Never fucking change, internet.

Dirty Sanchez, Davjs and PandaBear! like this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Hahaha, that is so great. I see both sides though, but games are not worth being that dramatic about. I am one of the few people who loved all the RE games and even the direction/style of 5 and 6 that most people tend to dislike. I'm looking forward to the change though, just like 4 was a change from 3 and for the best.

3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

So damn fun.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Only an hour in. Love how it incorporated parts of the demo, but not really. And it's all fucking with me. I keep expecting the mannequin to turn around. Also sneaking around the dad is scary af.

Vivatoto likes this.
  5. Vivatoto

I'm curious how many of the videotapes are going to be in the game. I really enjoyed that first one.

6. Vivatoto

I am dying a lot. Got all the way to the dissection room before turning around and exploring the upper area of the main hall which I had sprinted through with reckless abandon earlier I didn't think that you could "kill" Jack so I ran around the house forever trying to hide from him before finally shooting him

7. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

The Bakers are ridiculous. Jack especially. He's a perfect over the top RE villian.

Also that second tape sequence was creepy as shit.

8. Vivatoto

The tape labeled Mia? I picked that up last night and decided to call it quits before watching it, ha.

dadbolt likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

yep, that one haha.

Vivatoto likes this.
  10. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

is it possible to hide and get jack back into search mode once he spots you? I'm over here trying to conserve ammo and haven't had any luck running and hiding if he sees me

11. Vivatoto

Go to a room a safe room with a save spot and shut the door. Even if he's right behind you, he should huff and puff but fuck off.

12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

damn i didnt even think of the save rooms being safe zones

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just made it past the garage fight then saved. I'm out of town til tomorrow afternoon, but I wanted to continue on soooo bad. Love how it's very similar to REmake, but in FP.

dadbolt and Vivatoto like this.
  14. Vivatoto

I realized that when I was panicking after the first time you go upstairs in the main hall and running around the house for like 10 minutes with him on my ass, ha.

dadbolt likes this.
  15. Vivatoto

Garage fight is probably my favorite moment so far. So tense and I loved that it was sort of like a boss fight where you had to solve a puzzle instead of just use force. I was freaking out so bad in the car

Cameron likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also not sure if you guys pre ordered, but you get an supply box. Comes in handy. I should have grabbed the first aid in the locker, while in the middle of the garage fight though. The car is blocking it now.

17. Vivatoto

Yeah you get a "defense" coin with the pre order and I'm assuming the way it works is you take less damage if you have it in your inventory, but it's not super clear.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Seeing completion times for this has me very reluctant to buy it right now.

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I've played three hours and I'm not far at all. The people who have completed it quick know exactly what to do and are skipping a lot of material.

Vivatoto and Letterbomb31 like this.
  20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I'm 5 hours in and have to go find the son Lucas now - spoilers here so BE WARNED - I've defeated Jack twice; once in the aforementioned garage and another fight in the 'dissection room' which was so fucking hard it was unreal. Also have defeated Marguerite in the greenhouse which is another fucked up battle in which I used 21 shotgun bullets without killing her. Have got a grenade launcher and 44 Magnum too, but no bullets for either :-|
    Game is fucking great; definitely worthy of the 86/100 it has on meta critic.

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This 2nd boss fight is making me mad lol

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Nvm got 'em!

PandaBear! and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It was easy as pie.

24. RonandTammy

Regular

How does this compare to the the RE games of PS/PS2? Honestly, I've given up since RE3. I don't think the remasters count.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Looooove how obtaining the shotgun is exactly how to do so in REmake.

Dirty Sanchez and PandaBear! like this.