Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Resident Evil Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 9, 2016.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Been talking in the Video Game thread about playing all the RE games not knowing this thread existed ahaha. My goal was to beat RE 1-6 + code veronica before 7 comes out. So far I got got 3, 6, and code veronica left. I am loathing having to play RE6 considering i originally bought it and returned it after an hour of playing leon's story. This time ill just have to power through it...

2. Davjs

Trusted

As long as there is still weapons I'm cool. Is it going to be all first person?

And all you had to say was Texas Chainsaw :-)

3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

To my knowledge yes, it will be all first person - which is def the way to go for all horror games because jump-scares are way worse that way!

4. Davjs

Trusted

I agree the scares are way better in 1st person. Not gonna lie though, playing from the first RE and loved every one (even 6) I hope it doesn't feel like a totally different game.

5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It will be linked for sure (dunno if you've played the demo, but there is a photograph of a helicopter that has an Umbrella logo on it, and also many believe Ada Wong is a voice on the phone you can hear at the end), but it will be a departure for sure. I read that the developers chose to go a different route after the previous storyline got too big (with worldwide outbreaks/viral attacks in RE6 or something), so it is right to switch things up.

I'd guess it will be most like RE1 - set in a smaller location and with a good sense of mystery around the plot.

Davjs likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

All that sounds awesome. If anything, I wouldn't be so against a complete reboot because Wesker's story ended epically with 5, but I'm glad the story connects because I've grown up with all these characters. You have single handily convinced me to be excited for this Panda, thank you!

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

No worries brah! There's this trailer that's just come out that has a few gameplay shots which give you a good look at things (I think, I'm not able to view it at work due to a filter):

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As excited as I am for this, it will not be a day one buy. I'm learning not to do that anymore.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just got to the island in 4. Was super excited when I picked up the golden lynx in the treasure box. Thinking certainly that's where I can combine my green, and yellow cat eyes....nope. :tear:

10. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Definitely hyped about RE7 even though I'm not sure how to react to the swamp zombies. They remind me more of a redneck reality TV show cast than monsters I should fear TBH. I think its their voices. But definitely still disturbing. What little has been shown so far reveals only a few connections to the classic games in the series. The limited inventory is a welcome addition, same with the item-finding and the REmake-esque atmosphere, and it's cool that herbs are still in there. How is the combat gonna work though? Is the gameplay based on exploration while avoiding the same members of the swamp zombie family? Can you kill them or does their infection have super healing abilities that make them almost invulnerable, like Nemesis? Are they the only enemies in the game, or will the zombie dogs and other bioweapons make an appearance? So many questions and the game is less then three months from releasing.

PandaBear! likes this.
  11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I think it would be great if they were the only badguys in the game, though I can't see that being the case tbh. You mentioned Nemesis, but I am also reminded of that weird freak girl in RE1 as examples of just one enemy being plenty scary enough to battle as they relentlessly follow you around. The father of the family looks invincible as he is literally on fire at one point lol. I can't remember if this is set before or after the rest of the games, but if it's before then the family could be, like, the first test-subjects of Umbrella Bioweapons or something? They don't look like they will be mutating like other victims, so maybe it's a early sample of the T-Virus or something?

Even if it's not though, being able to play first-person through a texas-chainsaw esque scenario would be plenty entertaining enough IMO!

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

RE4 is my favorite game ever. Really enjoyed Revelations on my 3DS too. Haven't had an urge to play any of the RE games after 4, but 7 looks intriguing.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Beat 4. Loved it.

Really have the urge to finish REmake, but my backlog just got quadrupled this past week.

Either way super hyped for 7 now.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

looks like there will be mutant/zombie type badguys in this game as well as the weird Hilbillys lol. The demo will get another update soon too - excited!

Driving2theBusStation likes this.
  15. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

There has been an update to the Resident Evil 7 demo for those of you with PS4 - damn-near shit myself playing it. Be careful in the basement :scream:

Davjs and Cameron like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ugh.

I nearly shit myself the first time I played it. I may cry this time.

PandaBear! likes this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

18. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and Turkeylegz like this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I've decided to go media black out for this.

PandaBear! likes this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

PandaBear! likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Letttttsssss goooo :devil:

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

just purchased it 45mins ago but won't be able to play it until TOMORROW EVENING :anguish:

But yeah, LET'S DO THIS!!! :skull:

23. Davjs

Trusted

The intro to every Breaking Benjamin song just played in my head.

Excited from what I've heard so far review wise about this game.

Dirty Sanchez and Cameron like this.
  24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm loving it. Well, the 45 mins that I played.

Vivatoto likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gonna give is a few weeks to see how everyone feels.