Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Resident Evil Video Game • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

I'm on episode 3 and considering giving this up. I almost never give shows up.
    Without spoilers, will it get better?

2. helloiamzach

Regular

I'm yet to check out the new Netflix series, and the mix reviews so far are making me hesitant, but I'm currently working my way through to Platinum all of the RE games on the PlayStation not including the non-canon side-projects like Umbrella Corps, Resistance, Operation Racoon City, etc.

Just got the first Revelations and RE6 to box off and then I'm done.

As much as I'd love a Code: Verona remake I doubt it's going to happen. I know it's main canon but I'm pretty sure Capcom consider it to be a spin-off in the grand scheme of the franchise. I honestly think RE4 will be the final remake we get.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  3. Series is okay if you have time for a quick binge. Future stuff gets better towards the end present day stays pretty consistently good for the most part

4. -deleted-

-

They do wrap some more stuff in around Wesker that’s more faithful to the game. Still took a lot of liberties and feels like it’s own thing, for better or worse.

Some of the sister stuff in the future storyline began to feel corny and similar to how Alice and Jill interacted in the shittier later Anderson films.

5. biem

Series is rather good.

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve been super into the series lately. I beat remakes 1 and 2, 7, and now I’m playing Village.
    I know remake 4 just came out, but I’m hoping for either 9 or a Code Veronica remake for the next game.

Ferrari333SP and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  7. helloiamzach

Regular

I’ve got a platinum/100% for all of the main line games along with RE:Verse other than the RE4 Remake. Gonna wait for it to go down in price a bit first.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wish they would remake 1 in the style of the new remakes

xapplexpiex likes this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah I'd like a re-remake of RE1 too. I think 9 will be the next game coming out and then HOPEFULLY Code: Veronica

10. I want a new remake of the Spencer mansion so bad. What little we got in that one RE5 DLC was obviously not enough

11. helloiamzach

Regular

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

CV is for sure winning that

13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I put in my vote for the game in the franchise most in need of a remake: Gaiden.

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I need to play 5 and 6 when I finish village. I know they’re bad, but the lore is bananas. This looks like fun

15. helloiamzach

Regular

5 and 6 are easily the worst, the latter being so long-winded and sluggish. There's some lazy game designing too when the storylines/campaigns crossover one another.

If you're into action more than survival horror though you'll get some fun out of them. They're very linear so you can't get lost or stuck.

16. -deleted-

-

I remember being really hyped on 6 before release and then being let down. The Wesker’s son storyline could’ve been dropped and I’d be happy with just the Leon/Chris stuff. The sequence where you’re in the city setting trying to escape the new zombie hoard was pretty cool though.

17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Horde.

18. -deleted-

-

My b.

Penlab likes this.
  19. Hoard hordes

20. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Fewer.

21. -deleted-

-

Has anyone been playing the RE4 remake since release? Is it as good as the reviews say?

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I like it more than the original RE4 tbh

23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It’s insanely good. They did such a great job capturing the feel of the original and modernizing everything. A few small gripes with it as the original is my most played game of all time but overall it’s a must play.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hoping for an RE9 teaser during Summer Game Fest

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Remake 4 is 10/10

Anthony_Soprano and ghostedaway like this.