Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Resident Evil Video Game • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 9, 2016.

1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I'm 3 hours in and I haven't even left the police station - I'm still working on opening the jail cells!!! I'm scared to move half the time :crylaugh: Got 1 shotgun shell and 1 knife atm and there are lickers in several corridors. Fucking pisses me off how you will sometimes come across a zombie that needs 7 headshots to take it down then it fucking gets back up again. Happened to me in the morgue and then I had to go through the kennel part with only 5 shotgun shells for 6 dogs lmao. This game rules.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m playing on easy mode and I have like 15 shotgun shells, 120 rounds for my souped up pistol lol.

GrantCloud and PandaBear! like this.
  3. PandaBear! Jan 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2019)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

:swear::crylaugh:

I'm on standard and to be fair I haven't died yet so it's not too bad, but I have to pass at least one Licker now to get where I need to go, so unless I can knife it to death I think I'm in trouble!

Edit: First death was to a random zombie I was stuck in a corridor with :verysad: managed to get past all the lickers, the Tyrant, but not one little p.o.s. in the hallway. Have escaped the Police Station now (5hrs lmao) and am now going into the sewers!

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

After you get the three madelions and go underground, is there a way to go back to the police station? I think I missed a lot of stuff there, including the shotgun.

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah you’ll be going back!

Cameron likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Nice. Am I going to have a hard time going through the next section with just the pistol? The dude with the eyeball shoulder was kind of rough

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably. But I’m playing in easy mode, so I’ve had no challenge lmao.

8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It shouldn't be too bad but MAKE SURE YOU SHOOT THE DOGS WHILE THEY ARE STILL IN THEIR CAGES!!! Lol, I of course did not do that and ran out of ammo, I think there was 6 in total but you can get at least 3 in the cages and save your ammo/heals!

9. chris

Trusted Supporter

beat Leon's A campaign last night. First time since the original RE2 (or maybe Code Veronica) that I didn't finish an RE game with piles of ammo. Had to beat Tyrant with only my handgun, some flamethrower fuel, and a couple grenades

10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

did anyone that beat Leon's A story find the heart key at any point? i beat his campaign a few nights ago and i think that this the only thing that i hadn't figured out

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It’s only in Claire’s scenarios that you get the heart key.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  12. chris

Trusted Supporter

Claire's B scenario is...difficult. you don't really find any 9mm ammo (you can craft it), instead you pick up high caliber handgun ammo (that you can't craft) for a revolver that you shoot from the hip, fanning the hammer like a cowboy I guess. Plus Mr. X tailing you basically from the start.

Definitely need to get used to the changes

13. Are the B scenarios like new game pluses?

14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

:covermouth:

GrantCloud, dadbolt and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. chris

Trusted Supporter

Sort of, but unlike most NG+, you don't start with all your weapons/upgrades, you start with less and ammo is scarcer. You're basically playing the opposite side of the story from whichever character you played through the A scenario with and ending with the true final boss

I played Leon A first, so Claire B picks up at that cutscene from the first playthrough where you meet her at the locked gate outside the police station. Item locations are different, puzzles have different solutions, Mr. X shows up sooner

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

ahh okay

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Leon's voice acting is astoundingly bad. Actually kind of takes me out of the game.

That said, I screamed three times within 10 minutes while the Tyrant was stalking me around the Police Department. Fuck that big bastard

18. chris

Trusted Supporter

if the voice actor was trying to make leon kind of sound like an idiot, I think they did a great job

19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

res evil games are no strangers to AWFUL voice acting

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Finished Leon A last night, incredible. I've never played the original so it was pretty much all brand new to me, and I enjoyed every minute of it to the point where I don't really have any criticisms of this particular story at all. Only got a C ranking, I assume because it took me about 9 hours lol, but I only died <10 times and 5 of those were trying to time the whole crane thing to knock that mutated guy off the ledge. The whole scenario was challenging but never to the point where it was too overwhelming so it was a perfect balance.

Starting Claire A as soon as I get home!

21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i also have just started claire's A campaign and i just cannot wait to find the chief and do that whole thing. also, the sherry sub-plot.

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Started Claire's B scenario and it's like...to intense. Lickers and the Tyrant pretty much immediately. I need that grenade launcher asap

23. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Started hardcore mode last night. Yikes. One bite from a zombie sends you to Danger status. Idk if I can do it.

24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

im on easy because im a coward

Joe4th likes this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

also holy hell im like thirty minutes in and it is wild

Joe4th likes this.