Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reports: Chester Bennington Has Died • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2017.

1. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Just brutal news. Chester was such an amazing vocalist and Hybrid Theory/Meteora got so many kids into music.

DeRRek likes this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I remember growing up with them and they were one of the only bands I listened to when I was first really getting into music. I had their posters all over my walls, I was in the LP Underground fan club for years. They were one of the first bands I saw live on the Meteora World Tour.

AelNire likes this.
  3. delvec19

Trusted

Family Values 2001 was one of my first ever concerts on my own with friends. Saw them perform Hybrid in it's entirety. Loved bits of pieces of everything after that. Definitely a staple band for me growing up, lots of memories. Rest Easy Chester..

AelNire likes this.
  4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I think it's pretty irrational jump to judgment to assume that's why he killed himself.

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This is the first death I can think of that is likely to impact a lot of the current generation on such a personal level. I'm so sorry this happened. Try to take care of yourselves, everybody. I hope their young fans are doing okay

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Here's a throwback for everyone to celebrate Chester's legacy. The first time I saw Linkin Park they were the FIRST band on opening for P.O.D. at the Roseland Ballroom in 2000. Project 86 and (hed) PE played after them followed by P.O.D. Crazy to think how things changed only 3-4 months later.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

You don't have to think that it is the reason. The other user and I were just typing out what we think could have been one of the many factors due to his recent emotional breakdowns over stuff like that.

CMilliken likes this.
  8. Noradrenaline

Regular

I don't think so. I'm sure it wasn't the only reason. But the death of Chris Cornell and then the criticism of the new album around the same time might have played a part in it

FTank likes this.
  9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Blink got me into music...Linkin Park got me into heavy music. I have so much respect for Chester and the band.

10. domotime2

can you find me a link to this? I'm not being combative here, I'm just not really up to date with linkin park stuff.

11. dotKev

@dotkevin

Such a tragic loss. They were always one of my favorite all-time bands.

My three-year-old loves just about every song off of One More Light. Chester's impact spans generations.

12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

100% disagree with you. Imagine being booed by thousands of fans. Imagine being berated on Twitter, and other social media outlets. Celebrities are still human beings at the end of the day, with feelings. I can't even imagine the pressure of feeling like you're letting down thousands of people by putting out a record people didn't like. Some of the things people will message to celebrities, and say to them are sickening, and disgusting as well. That's definitely not irrational to believe that that is why. I think you're looking at it too black & white. It's not just because "people didn't like the record"

coleslawed, CMilliken, Joe4th and 5 others like this.
  13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I laughed at even thinking about any of the other bands than Linkin Park.

aniafc likes this.
  14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

A friend of mine just posted the links to these three videos he did with Banner Health... had no idea he was part of SOTS.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

16. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't say that Linkin Park was my gateway into heavier music - that honestly probably came from KoRn and Deftones more than anything else - but it was the one that made me realize there was a community out there. I haven't listened to Linkin Park in years but this still hits hard. What a shock.

17. BlackJak094

I have the fury of my own momentum.

I saw LP two weeks ago today in Birmingham at what I think was Chester's last show. While there was a lot of negative reception to One More Light online (and apparently at some shows), the crowd really seemed to enjoy the new tracks, especially Heavy, Good Goodbye and Talking to Myself. Chester seemed really into it that night and I hope the response to the new album didn't help cause this.

Like many others, LP were my gateway band, but I've held a massive soft spot for their music since. A Thousand Suns is a special album to me, and listening back to The Messenger now feels all almost crushing.

RIP Chester.

AelNire likes this.
  18. domotime2

yeah i stand corrected. i agree... pretty emotional. I guess it's just surprising considering this isn't the first linkin park album to be slammed?

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd probably be in the same boat claiming that this was a "record company" decision.

Turkeylegz and scottlechowicz like this.
  19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I think it was the first one to be pretty much panned. Others didn't stand out but they had a place.

20. fbrrocks

Trusted

rip feel sorry for his friends and family today

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

R.I.P. I was never a fan of Linkin Park's music, but it means a lot to people that mean a lot me, so Chester touched my life too.

Also, I fucked with this when it happened and I still do.

AelNire, St. Nate and skogsraet like this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

He probably just kept it in for a while and could no longer stop himself from reacting. With his history of depression it probably made everything 5X worse.

domotime2 likes this.
  23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Easier to Run is hitting hard right now. Ugh.

waterloobeam, AelNire, David- and 4 others like this.
  24. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That and dealing with the loss of a good friend through suicide on top of any potential drug and alcohol abuse. There's no doubting that he was going through an extremely rough patch.

domotime2 likes this.
  25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

So gutted. Honestly this will hurt so many of the current generation. Everyone listened to LP back in the day and I know how much they meant to a lot of artists today. I'll be having a huge LP session from the start of their discography to finish this weekend with my gf probably a 100 times. Damn I really wish we could have gone to the Birmingham show the other week. Seriously if anyone is struggling please seek help you're not alone.