Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reports: Chester Bennington Has Died • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Jackbo487

Regular

I can't process this. My god. Chester....RIP. shit.

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Oh my Lord...

hypernights. likes this.
  3. RoKKeR

The Fly

Still in shock over this to be honest. So damn sad, I loved their music coming up and still listen to them occasionally.

A Thousand Suns is a masterclass album in my eyes. His voice will be missed.

Fuck.

coleslawed and Turkeylegz like this.
  4. gbuffers

England.

Just coincidence of course but same here, today - One Step Closer came on shuffle and I really don't listen to that album much at all now. I still listen to the second every now and then.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I just had a conversation with someone and listened to Hybrid and Meteora on the way back from Atlanta last night. Eerie. And this is sad as fuck. I used to be obsessed with them in early high school

David Parke likes this.
  6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

My mom hated all of my music back then except Linkin Park. Chester became her favorite vocalist. She's the one who text me about his passing.

7. Chuck!

Regular

It would be impossible to exaggerate how much Linkin Park (and his vocals especially) affected me and my life. RIP

8. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This is so sad. Linkin Park has played a huge part in my musical tastes and some of their albums of some of favorite of all time. RIP Chester and my heart goes out to his family and the rest of the band.

AelNire and hypernights. like this.
  10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

So fucking bizarre. Just listened to One More Light this afternoon while grabbing lunch and to get psyched for seeing them at Citi Field w/Blink 182 (which I have to assume, out of respect, is cancelled). Not a bad record by any means though I can understand how it was a bit jarring for their fanbase.

11. Supernova Jul 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2017)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

This is terrible news. Looks like he has a wife and 6(six) kids. I hate this for them. HT was the first heavy album for me as well(8th-9th grade in 2000-01). I remember being very reluctant to get into it because I always associated heavy metal/screaming with "death metal" and Satan. Once i got over that, I fell in love and was obsessed. I never signed up for LPUnderground, but I was always close and would lurk their forums. When I found the Hybrid Theory EP online I was in heaven.("what!? MORE Linkin Park?!?")

I follow the trend that most people did after that. Loved Reanimation. Clamored over Meteora. Excited for Minutes to Midnight, but was mostly letdown. Really dug A Thousands Suns. After that it was just meh. I still had respect for them and what they did. At least they tried something different even if I didn't like it all that much.

RIP Chester.

12. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

just one of those speechless moments... what the fuck.

13. btr

Trusted Supporter

So many childhood memories tied to his work. Thank you.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  14. David-

Trusted

Oh, my God.

15. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

This hurts too much to read all of your guys' beautiful comments.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This hits hard now.

Also, very cool to see so many people/bands on my Twitter line posting their condolences and talking about suicide prevention. LP had such a massive impact on music.

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This makes me so incredibly sad.

aranea likes this.
  18. Larry David Jul 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2017)
    Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Posted this on record thread as well:

Their new record was not great in my opinion(Some highlights though especially "One More Light"), but the fact that people were booing when they played new songs is so ridiculous. I've seen bands countless times and sat through songs I didn't enjoy. I feel like social media has become such a dangerous weapon that people use as well. People sit there and say absolutely sickening things to people(more recent example Ed Sheeran had to delete his Twitter account because he appeared on a fucking show) I am sick beyond comprehension of keyboard warriors, and people who just can't understand that celebrities are still human fucking beings at the end of the day.

19. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

This is fucking awful. One of the first bands I ever adored.

20. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Echoing what everyone else has said. I can't even begin to process this. His music was some of the most important pieces of my teenage years. I hate this.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. What a shock, I don't know what to say. I started listening to music thanks to Linkin Park and he was one of my first musical heroes. RIP

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

this is so incredibly sad

R.I.P.

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'm so shocked and genuinely saddened about this. He poured everything into his art and to read about the pressure and horrible remarks their fans made with the newer material is heartbreaking. I think people tend to forget that their idols are in fact just like them.

RIP Chester

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Just wanted to post these. This one hurts

Call (1-800 273 8255) - National Suicide Prevention

Text (741741) - Crisis Text

If you're in the UK, the number is 11612

:heart:

25. bloodinthesand

Regular

Shocking