Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reports: Chester Bennington Has Died • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2017.

1. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. This is nuts. Such a bummer.

2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

:googles Chester Bennington Cornell::

I don't know why, I thought this was a college reference.

3. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

wow. Awful awful news

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. Saught

Shibby

Damn, dude...

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I loved hybrid theory but meteora is what changed everything for me. Younger me wanted the same flame tattoos Chester had. This one stings.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. farva2

Regular

Man, im legitimately crying at my desk right now. Chester and Linkin Park have done so much for modern rock music and have been a massive influence to an entire generation of people. There are no words that can capture just how big of loss this is. There needs to be more attention and emphasis put into our mental well-being , this simply cant keep happening to both celebrities and our peers.

7. dastly75

Haven't fully processed this yet. This is incredibly sad. He's had a big impact on my life and music sensibility. RIP.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. RIP, the man accomplished some amazing things in his life

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. pbueddi

Trusted

wow. did not expect this news. incredibly sad.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. What the fuck

11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

holy goddamn hell. this band defined my freshman year of high school. he was only 41..

time to play Meteora on repeat :(

12. oneeightytwo

Regular

Fuck.

Hybrid Theory is one of my all time favourite record.

Thoughts are with his family.

13. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Breaking the habit had the coolest music video, I remember catching it in the mornings on mtv2 before school

14. CMilliken

Trusted

Wow. Can’t believe this. I remember getting a burnt copy of Hybrid and hiding it from my parents. Just at a loss for words.

15. Raditz

SSJ

This hits close to home and it's hard to take. I can't even deal with this.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'm stunned. So sad

DejaMoi, AelNire and Aaron Mook like this.
  17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I can't believe that. You just never know how someone is feeling or doing or coping. I hope he rests in peace. Super sad.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. Couldn't believe it when I read the news post. This is so fucking sad.

DejaMoi, CMilliken and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Devastating, hybrid theory was one of the first heavier albums I ever listened to

DejaMoi, Nate_Johnson and sophos34 like this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn....RIP, man. Always appreciated the art.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

I'm not saying it's coincidental, but please, please remember this the next time your favorite band releases material you don't enjoy. Chester received so many hateful, personal attacks for their last album and it's depressing as hell to think maybe that may have played even a small part in this. RIP.

22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Not to hijack the thread or act like some anecdote makes this any sadder for me: but my dad was a deadbeat dad that walked out when I was 12, but every once in a while I would get letters from him with little gifts, usually CDs. The last one I ever got from him was Meteora. The band never was that big of a deal for me but I've always had that weird little memory attached to that one. "Nobody's Listening" was my favorite track.

23. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Man, this sucks I used to be obsessed with these guys in elementary and middle school :( Hybrid Theory and Meteora were some of my favorite albums back then and I still have really vivid memories of being on my parents computer all day on a saturday downloading Meteora off limewire and burning CDs for all my friends and us all going to their website and watching breaking a habit music video and they had some games I think on there too.

24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I think his "lashing out', in that context, was a bit over embellished. I'm sure he was frustrated but likely doubt that was the driving force behind this. From what I know, he's had a long history of mental health issues/depression/drug problems and who knows what really drove this. Way too early to tell, I'm still in shock from this news.

(Apologies if any of that came off as insensitive, still in total shock).

Nate_Johnson and redwing91007 like this.
  25. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Always loved their music since I was young... In my opinion the latest album got much more hate than it deserved. I'm devastated right now...
    Linkin Park was the first show I saw in my life. Thank you for everything Chester. Rest in peace...

Drew Baldy likes this.