Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Remo Drive - Natural, Everyday Degradation (May 31, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ImAMetaphor, Apr 22, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed. Greatest Hits was such a great record and this was just so much different than that. It’s totally okay to change up your sound a bit but I think when you drastically change it like they did you’re going to get a lot of people who just don’t like it.

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

You'll also get people like me who are v happy with the new and old stuff :-)

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I don’t see how this is that big of a departure from GH. I think the high points on this album are better than anything on GH. This band still hasn’t wowed me though.

4. ImAMetaphor

I’ve been wowed but yeah I agree with that.

I don’t mean to be that one guy standing the album, I just think it’s super underrated and I wish more people felt as strongly about it as I do.

5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I'll stan it too! Haha

I liked Greatest Hits and would listen every once in a while but I really connected with this newer stuff. So many great moments. Here's a list.
    1) in Two Bus the little "huh" that he does before the lead comes in at the beginning and before the end.
    2) the last 1:40 of the Devil.
    3) I think Shakin' is the weakest track here but it's still got a cool solo.
    4) "I knew someday a shadow would go and show itself" and the way he sings "And draining out the deep blood red" in Dog.
    5) Also the end of Dog, starting with "Honey I'm sure..."
    6) I love all of Ezra and Marla but shout out to "No spark can start a fire without something to burn" and the inclusion of horns.
    7) love Halos as well, especially the riff that starts at 3:11. So tasty.
    8) Really like Mirror also, last 1:30 in particular.

Weird comparison maybe but some parts of this sound like a mix of FUTCT and IOH era Fall Out Boy to me.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  6. ImAMetaphor

I like this and would like to make a list of my own:

1) “ooh they got me feeling like I’m fucked up”
    2) “Are you on the TV? NO! Then take that shit away from me!”
    3) last section of The Devil that you mentioned
    4) the section of Ezra starting with “the silence said more than they ever did”
    5) the siren-sounding guitar part in the bridge of Mirror
    6) just the entire chorus of Around The Sun
    7) the vocal harmony on the last few lines of Halos
    8) I can’t stress how much I love Ezra and Marla

My girlfriend and I bonded over this album a lot this summer. Remo is her favorite band. So I have a lot of strong memories of driving around northern Michigan listening to and singing along to it very loudly. Makes it a pretty easy personal classic.

Jesse West likes this.
  7. ImAMetaphor

I’d also like to submit “when I’mmmmmm WHEN I’M WITH YOU” from The Truth

Jesse West likes this.
  8. ImAMetaphor

New song, new album

Allhailburnzy likes this.