Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Remo Drive - A Portrait of an Ugly Man (June 26th, 2020) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ImAMetaphor, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Also I don't have a problem with bands clapping back to people who are pointlessly going out of their way to tell them they think their work sucks on Twitter. Like, if I was talking to a member of the band and they asked me what I thought of the last record, I would never tell them that I thought their music was trash and they sold out. Because I'm not a dick. I'd say something like "Eh, I wasn't really a fan of the direction the band took and preferred the Greatest Hits sound, personally."

I don't think they said anything out of line in response to that person.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

My point is that both acts are things you could reasonably call “unprofessional.” I just have a hard time caring. People were snarky and rude to them, so they were snarky and rude back. It’s not exactly taking the high ground but still. I just feel like it’s ultimately inconsequential.

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

im 1000% sure those comments are based on them having an EP called pop music

4. ImAMetaphor

Yeah! I’m fine with people disliking the album, of course, but some of the criticism they were getting was pretty rude. I’d also get pretty snippy with someone who accused me of selling out when I was as proud of an album as they were.

5. Anthony_

nope

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Imo they had a pretty mature and even handed response before this person got snippy again so don’t rly know if it’s fair to expect artists to never get frustrated and say something less-than-extremely-polite

ImAMetaphor and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Anthony_

Yeah, exactly. This person was being a dick. I don't fault them for responding in kind. They definitely didn't escalate the situation.

8. Anthony_

Also, again, this dweezil person has clearly never heard pop music in their life if they think NED is a "generic pop album" lol

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Ok ngl I've now literally spent more time discussing this bands online antics than I ever have listening to their music

Snoblin, matthaber and ImAMetaphor like this.
  10. ImAMetaphor

I also feel like going into an artists comments just to say “your new album sucks play your old stuff” is weird and rude

11. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Backed 100 percent

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Hmm idk how I feel about this song

13. ImAMetaphor

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  14. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Not sure how I feel about that one yet. Seems like a total change up though! I think I like it

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

When did this band get so boring?

GH was hugely fun and energetic, and the last album had some great songs but just felt lifeless. This is just really dull.

I hope people dig it and they do well but yeah, I'm totally checking out of this band now. Not for me.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The drummer of this band/Oolong helped the rapist Lou Diamond (Ex Jank) release their comeback LP...so yeah

Carrow likes this.
  17. ImAMetaphor

Oof. I knew he used to be in Jank but I thought those ties were totally severed and that’s what Song of the Summer was about. Incredibly disappointing to hear otherwise.

18. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

The Feel Better Heal Faster thing came out in 2017, Remo Drive song came out about a year later.

19. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Best single so far

20. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

21. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

First listen: really good. People who are expecting a return to their roots will probably be dissapointed, but the instrumentation feels much more interesting/alive than their last album.

22. Anthony_

yikes, in the bin this band goes too

Carrow likes this.
  23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yikes this fucking sucks. I haven’t heard an album this boring and uninspired in a minute.

24. atlas

Trusted

People who are really into the bands at the bottom of the card at 101.1 WKQX Picnic Fest are gonna love this shit

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Remo Drive: A Portrait of an Ugly Man

I liked this part of the review.

"Remo Drive probably didn't do themselves any favors releasing A Portrait so quickly after the last one, while the disappointment of their sophomore flop was still fresh but too soon for their debut to carry any real nostalgic weight. After Natural, Everyday Degradation, it felt premature to tag the band as a one-album wonder. It sure doesn’t anymore."