Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Remo Drive - A Portrait of an Ugly Man (June 26th, 2020)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ImAMetaphor, Apr 27, 2020.

1. ImAMetaphor Apr 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2020)
    ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Not even a year since the last one and they’re already back with more!

Remo Drive

Borat 2: Vengeance likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hopefully this is better than the last one, which was a big step down from everything that came before it. Short turnarounds like this can go either way but always have me concerned.

5Stories, SamLevi11 and Contender like this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed! The last one was just okay but hopefully this one is better!

I’m all for bands changing up their sound and experimenting with new sounds but...this band went from a killer poppy indie rock sound to something so much more generic. It wasn’t a good transition in my opinion.

5Stories likes this.
  4. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Single makes me think this will be a continuation of the last album

5. ImAMetaphor

I’m not really sure GH holds up that much for me anymore tbh. I hope this one gets even weirder.

matthaber likes this.
  6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Single doesn’t do a great job of getting me excited. Band has lost a lot of their unique energy IMO.

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Greatest Hits is their best album and nothing will top that, unfortunately.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Stephen looks a lot like John krasinki

new song is alright – never listened to the last LP, is this what it was like? this sorta indie rock / post punk revival kinda sound?

9. Anthony_

Finally got around to actually listening to the new song and yeah it unfortunately sounds like they're doubling down on the last album's sound. Shame. Hopefully they do it better this time.

10. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

GH has a couple of good songs, but the last album is such a massive step up song writing wise. Dig the single , so down for whatever comes next

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hopefully they don't act childish on Twitter and attack people respectfully giving their opinions on the new music like last time. That was so embarrassing.

Also, forgot to mention earlier, I am not a fan of the song.

12. ImAMetaphor

If you like the new single you’ll probably like at least parts of the last album

Leftandleaving likes this.
  13. ImAMetaphor

The Grind is still the best song the band has done

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  14. Leftandleaving

What lol

15. ImAMetaphor

It really wasn’t that big of a deal. Some fans were complaining that the last album didn’t sound like Greatest Hits and they clapped back. Ha. Not the most professional look but they weren’t attacking anyone haha

16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this shit is miles above anything on GH.

my hot take is that this band was stuck with a terrible fanbase ever since the Ronald McDonald hype. Theyll never be able to appease those peeps so fuck em.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

Disappointing - I thought I was gonna get s funny story out of it

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Nah, they were definitely attacking people at times. For example, calling people who were once fans of yours "teenagers" and "not really fans of us" is not a good look.

19. ImAMetaphor

All I really remember is someone implied the album was shallow or phoned in or something like that and they just replied “read the lyrics”

Leftandleaving likes this.
  20. Leftandleaving

I mean tbf erik was also a teenager when that album came out lol

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  21. ImAMetaphor

That person said the record was “generic pop” and accused them of selling out which I’d also call an attack but

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

He was, but that doesn't mean he gets to belittle others by calling them teenagers. Sure, it's not much of an insult but still it's not professional. It just rubbed me the wrong way personally.

23. ImAMetaphor

It’s not professional but I guess I don’t expect guys in their early 20s in a rock band to be professional? Ha. Lindsey Jordan drinking underage during an Instagram live also isn’t very professional but like... I don’t expect the artists I like to be beacons of professionalism

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  24. Anthony_

I swear some people don't actually have a sense of hearing but like to pretend they do. How is the last album "generic pop"? How is it "pop" at all? Like, what?

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like that comparison is apples to oranges. Lindsey drinking on her own time (and doing what tons of other people her age are doing) is different than a band attacking and getting angry at people respectfully giving their criticism on the bands music. Sure, Lindsey may have been underage while drinking in the past, but I wouldn't call it unprofessional. She does it in her own house and (at least when she was underage) technically under her parents supervision. It's not like she's getting blackout drunk and doing crazy stuff while drinking.