Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Remi Wolf Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Horrorca, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

Just discovered this girl - she is amazing.

From a Vice article:

"24-year-old musician Remi Wolf is a California baby from the suburbs. “I think it starved me of culture enough to make me really want to move to a major city and meet new people,” she tells i-D. She ended up moving to LA seven years ago, where she studied at USC’s Thornton School of Music. Pulling inspiration from all angles -- her failed relationships, mental illness, Prince -- Remi describes her rainbow-hued music as “funky soul pop”. But it comes with a caveat: “I don’t believe in labels like that though, because they literally don’t make sense anymore. Everything is soup.”"

10 things you need to know about LA's Remi Wolf, who makes ADHD love songs

I'm surprised she hasn't blown up (or is mentioned on this forum) - her music is catchy, funky, modern, extremely well crafted and produced, and her songwriting and voice are incredible.

She has two EPs and a bunch of singles. Some of my favorite jams below - the first one is very special IMO:

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Only heard “Woo!” and “Monte Carlo”. I was skeptical at first but they’re both undeniable tunes.

3. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah

getting Jai Paul, M.I.A. vibes - also something else I can’t put my finger on - maybe Mac Miller

also Charli in spirit not sound

also the guitars on the last ep are sick

4. stars143

Trusted Supporter

she's so catchy

5. stars143

Trusted Supporter

6. Horrorca

Trusted

hope she blows up - super talented artist! thanks for the heads up

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

stars143 likes this.
  8. irthesteve

stars143 likes this.
  9. irthesteve

stars143 likes this.
  10. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

"Liz" is such a next level song. She sounds like Amy Winehouse doing a psychedelic jam. Surprised more critics haven't paid attention yet.

11. irthesteve

Liz is definitely a cool track. Monte Carlo is still her most impressive to me, it goes so many places but it works so well. Nothing else like it out there