Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band • Page 98

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Oooo might be interested in that!

2. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Songs for the live album (not the precise tracklist, just a copy+paste of both live vinyl tracklistings):

Bummin'
    High of 75
    Don't Blink
    Runnin'
    Sahara
    Air for Free
    Mrs. Hippopotamuses
    Mood Rings
    Deathbed (Featuring Jon Foreman)
    Forget And Not Slow Down
    The One I’m Waiting For
    I Don’t Need A Soul
    The Thief
    Be My Escape
    Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been

Gooddayz, Spazzy McGee and JRGComedy like this.
  3. latortuga

Regular

I was not expecting this live album to show up on Spotify today and I'm absolutely delighted by it!

mmhmm likes this.
  4. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I think I am finally able to accept and admit that Anatomy is not my favorite album of theirs.

Two Lefts is my favorite and it's taken me years to realize this...haha

sammyboy516, JRGComedy and irthesteve like this.
  5. NitrateDawn

Regular

From hot take to hot take

Lucas27, latortuga, Gooddayz and 2 others like this.
  6. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

That reminds me...I should post unused artwork outtakes from Two Lefts sometime.

7. aspeedomodel

Yeah, my album preference has always been a hot take on Chorus/AP haha. There are dozens of us!
    How do you have these and yes please?

NitrateDawn likes this.
  8. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Long story but I have all of them, including the vinyl re-release artwork...I acquired them from Todd Francis, who amazingly still owned the original hand-drawings. Authenticity confirmed by Gotee Records, as well. Somehow they didn't acquire the originals, just scans of them to be colorized via computer.

9. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Also, no one had ever asked Todd about the artwork and he was amazed I was interested in it...literally had to dig them out of storage, and he was super kind/amazing to work with. Can't say enough good things about him.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  10. MrAirplane

Trusted

wow so you have all of the originals now? original four, junkyard crane, tow truck, and unused sketches? that sounds $$$$$

mmhmm likes this.
  11. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Post them now please and thanks

latortuga likes this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ha, I just realised this week that I like Two Lefts out of nostalgia more than competence. There are some great songs there though.

Forget And Not Slow Down and mmhmm are my favourites at this point.

Lucas27, MrAirplane and aspeedomodel like this.
  13. aspeedomodel

I think mmhmm is close for me, but it blends together sometimes for me.

Forget is amazing, but I think pop-punk Relient K is always my first preference for them in some way. Two Lefts has great "serious" tracks and some silly ones. Although Mood Rings is a different listen in 2020 to say the least...

latortuga and awakeohsleeper like this.
  14. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone go back and listen to the non-gold, original mix versions of Anatomy and Two Lefts? I always enjoyed the remixed/remastered versions but there's something fun about the original mixes...plus the fact they're getting tough hear outside of the CD version--the gold versions are the only ones on music services.

15. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I’m probably in the minority but I ignore all releases except for mmhmm, forget, and air4free. Two lefts has some good nostalgia tracks but that album didn’t age well for me. Same with the first two albums. And I just have no clue what was happening with collapsible lung.

16. cyclones_37 Jun 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2020)
    cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

I have the original mixes so ingrained in my head that listening to the new versions still catches me off guard. I don't listen to my old iPod anymore but I'll still spin the CDs in my car.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I didn't realize the gold releases were remastered. I've often held up Two Lefts as a pretty fucking great example of pop punk production

Lucas27 likes this.
  18. Lucas27

Trusted

To me, Two Lefts is them nearly perfecting the humor and sound of the first two records. I love it for that reason even if it's not my favorite.

MMHMM is their masterpiece. Forget and Air for Free are excellent too. Five Score and Two Lefts are right behind that.

Such a great discography.

aspeedomodel and Gooddayz like this.
  19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Personally, I think FANSD and AFF are on a different stratosphere than anything else they’ve done.

Also, The Nashville Tennis EP is an underrated gem.

I return to Two Lefts every now and again and love the nostalgia trip.

I return to Mmhmm more often, but also largely for nostalgia.

Spazzy McGee and JRGComedy like this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've never listened to the new mixes, should I?

MrAirplane likes this.
  21. Spazzy McGee

Regular

came here to post this exact sentiment but figured it was easier to quote this instead.

contra11mundum likes this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, Mood Rings has not aged well.

I have never heard them as I don't have any streaming services. I have both CDs so that's what I am used to hearing!

23. aspeedomodel

I never really found myself loving Nashville Tennis ep as much as everyone else it seems. I love 2-3 songs but overall, the rest feel like fun throwaway songs.

m9tt likes this.
  24. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

Over the last two or three years, I've found myself going back to Five Score more often than MMHMM. Maybe it's simply that I'm so familiar with MMHMM (perhaps my most listened-to album ever), or because the songwriting is Matt at his happiest, or that I really love the overly-polished sound of Five Score, but it's grown on me the most with time and distance (similar to how I've found myself returning to Folie a Deux more than Infinity on High).

I still think FANSD is Relient K's best album, but I treat RK like comfort food in 2020: I want to listen to something that is going to put a smile on my face... and I think Five Score does that the best for whatever reason.

25. WeWereGiants

Regular

FANSD and AFF are two of my favourite records of all time, they tapped into some crazy magic for those two records and whilst the rest of their discography ranges from fun to good to great - its not the same as those two records

contra11mundum likes this.