Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band • Page 96

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

how tf is Deathbed gonna fit on a side with 3 songs before it?

2. Lucas27

Trusted

Solid track list. Surprised at Candlelight’s inclusion but golly gee it’s one of my favorites on FANSD.

The exclusion of “Which to Bury; Us or the Hatchet?” is the worst thing about this along with (as has been said) all of AFF?!

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Candlelight isn't one of the best on FANSD but it's definitely in the upper half on that tracklist.

Sad their best song, Empty House, didn't make it.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not necessarily defending the omission of AFF songs because yes, it's a great album, but like my wife pointed out it isn't a nostalgic album for most fans...yet. The voting results actually kinda make sense at this point in time, factoring in what songs the average RK fan gravitates toward in 2019.

Also, nab a vinyl if you want it. They're super close to selling out.

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

How is “When I Go Down” not on here

Lucas27 and SpyKi like this.
  6. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Vinyl sold out

7. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

All's well, I debated getting it. Had it in the cart but haven't been listening to my vinyl much lately and have everything but the ep's, so I'm content.

8. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Just realized Collapsible Lung is on this and SCREW that

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

uh no, Collapsible Lung is an amazing song

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's better than anything pre Two Lefts and most of that album.

11. Lucas27

Trusted

This is one of the most oddly specific posts I’ve ever agreed with.

SaveTheEarth and latortuga like this.
  12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

[​IMG]

mmhmm likes this.
  13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

'mmhmm' is 15!

Slangster likes this.
  14. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I was 10 in 2004. I learned about Relient K from a friend's older sister who played us Sadie Hawkins Dance and Mood Rings and some of the other sillier songs. One day my mom went to some Christian conference and brought me back MMHMM on CD as a gift. Being the ungrateful little shit I was, I got mad that none of the songs I knew were on this one and told her she bought the wrong one. I didn't listen to it for like a year after that.

When I eventually listened, I remember thinking, "Huh, this is … actually really good." And I think that experience led to me wanting to discover new music as a hobby, which, a few years later, led me to AP.net (and Chorus by extension).

Anyway MMHMM is one of the best pop-punk albums ever and Relient K will always be one of my faves.

15. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

15 years ago I voted in my first presidential election

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"Candlelight" rules. Pretty sure it just missed being one of my votes? Forget which Forget track besides the title track & "Savannah" I picked. But it's one of this band's top 10 songs.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Tbh the only song I like on Two Lefts is Chapstick. But every song on Mmhmm, Five Score, Forget, and Air for Free is straight fire.

I don't like to think about the first two albums.

18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

A friend of mine who shares my love for RK happens to be in town visiting this weekend and when we realized Mmhmm was 15 last night, we put the album on and sang the whole thing at the top of our lungs.

Special album.

19. contra11mundum

Also, it’s bonkers to me that Mmhmm and Futures came out within about a month of each other.

That fact alone makes it one of the most influential years of music ever for me.

aspeedomodel, JRGComedy and mmhmm like this.
  20. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

The cover art for the greatest hits vinyl was released today. Thinking about canceling my preorder. The track listing didn’t thrill me so I was hoping the cover art would be cool/worth displaying but it’s...not, lol. The whole release is just kinda needless and disappointing.

21. contra11mundum

Yeah the whole thing has unfortunately been pretty shitty.

Seems very “slapped together.”

Where did you see the cover art? Curious.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Email list

[​IMG]

23. contra11mundum

Wow

MrAirplane likes this.
  24. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it’s awful lol. Like SO bad. The shirts were terrible too, the track list is lame, and there’s nothing anyone hasn’t heard before. Literally no incentive to buy it lol

MrAirplane likes this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hahahahaha wow