Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band • Page 94

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

If that’s true and still his mindset it would be extremely unsurprising if they never formally announced any sort of retirement/break-up. I think it’s sad and unfortunate that they don’t keep fans updated more often, even during album cycles.

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Could definitely see Matt going the Andrew McMahon route and just doing other projects. Like Andrew, it would allow him to explore other musical avenues without having to play a bunch of RK songs he's sick of performing.

irthesteve likes this.
  3. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

It just seems like Thiessen and Hoopes work so much better as a team. I like the Earthquakes record but RK’s recent stuff is way better. Hoopes is the one who encouraged him to put Empty House on AFF and he had to be convinced to combine the three parts of Runnin’ into one song. When he does things on his own I don’t seem to like them as much lol.

irthesteve and Bryan Diem like this.
  4. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Was just wondering today what happened to this band....

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I totally agree. But (and I have no evidence beyond the vibe I get) it feels like Theissen just wants to do his thing independent of Relient K.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Re-listening to Two Lefts today. It almost sounds like it was recorded in two different sessions and Matt learned how to sing between them haha.

Like his voice on Trademark sounds completely different than I Am Understood?

Also, remember when 5 white dudes wrote a book about the female mind? :crylaugh:

8. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I definitely don’t hear what you’re saying about the vocals sounding different haha.

Also, I sent them a message once years ago asking about that book and one of the band members responded like they barely knew what I was talking about. I can’t remember if they explicitly said this or not but I’m pretty sure they didn’t write it, it just had their name on it.

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha that's funny

I do love how everyone gets to sing on the album though. Dave's voice in particular has some wonderful grit to it.

10. mmhmm Sep 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 13, 2019)
    mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

"All Work & No Playlist" Greatest Hits/Picks - Vinyl Release

Go Vote on your favorite songs for the vinyl release!
    www.relientk.com/vote

Also, there are options to preorder the vinyl, along with a super limited /30 test pressing bundle.

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Voted, half of mine will never make it :/

Really cool idea though, will probably pick this up because I get almost everything by them on vinyl.

Slangster and SaveTheEarth like this.
  12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Also, I feel like it's worth mentioning that every time I look at the tracklisting for Five Scores I am reminded how forgettable and boring that album is.

As someone who loves Relient K, considers them my favorite band with so many memories tied to all their albums, I consistently forget 75% of that album exists.

13. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I'm the exact opposite, I forget about it and then look at it and realize I love 90% of the songs on it lol

14. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Interesting concept and really curious to see what rises to the top/what album is featured more

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I can't find the voting button for "new song"

aspeedomodel likes this.
  16. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Only 12 songs, that's tough to narrow down. My never going to make it vote is for The Stenographer, love that one so much

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Pink Tux
    Be My Escape
    When I Go Down
    Faking My Own Suicide
    Deathbed
    Curl Up and Die
    Forget and Not Slow Down
    I Don't Need a Soul
    Savannah
    Man
    Sleepin
    Empty House

My votes.

Lucas27, JRGComedy and mmhmm like this.
  18. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I'd vote for a lot of these...thanks for sharing.

19. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

20. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Include Merry Christmas, Here's to Many More you cowards!

aspeedomodel and SpyKi like this.
  21. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Voting results are out tomorrow. Vinyl is now limited to 500 copies total and it is pretty close to selling out...just a heads up.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I might buy if the tracklist is good haha.

mmhmm likes this.
  23. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

What would make a not good tracklist?

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm worried a bunch of fans stacked it with early stuff, when two of my top 3 RK albums are FANSD and AFF

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. zacooper

Regular

I have every RK album ever released, but unless this has a song that previously hasn't been pressed to vinyl (are there any at this point?), then I think this will be the first one I pass on. $35 for a "greatest hits" LP of songs I already have on vinyl is hard to justify.

JRGComedy likes this.