Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I know both Dave Douglas and Tom Breyfogle tracked drums.

2. Could this be it? Could this finally be what we've been waiting for???

3. josephcissell

Regular

Finally!! I would love for that to be the cover.

4. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure there's a reason for this but it's disappointing that Dave didn't play on the whole thing. No offense to Tom but I would've loved to have another full record with Dave. Guess it's not really fair to say that before hearing it, though.

5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Could the album be titled Thursday?

6. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Highly doubt that. They had announced "Air for Free" as the title at a show a while back but even if that's changed I don't think it's Thursday.

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

They are probably just excited for the Thursday reunion

8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Oh right, forgot about that. I guess I found it strange that it had "Thursday" under the band name...but yeah you're probably right.

I like Thursday more than Air for Free though haha.

9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Highly doubt it. With song titles Mrs. Hippopotamus, I'm guessing this is gonna be closer to Two Lefts. Some serious songs that are decent to good, some tongue-in-cheek songs that are fun, but dumb. I think I remember reading that there's going to be a follow up to Deathbed on this, which would be cool. But we'll see.

Also miss you dude!

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't mind them being playful again, but I wouldn't be all that interested in more pop punk music from them. The sounds of FANSD, Five Score, and Collapsible Lung interest me so much more than the early stuff, regardless of how well they executed it in those cases. I only really revisit "Jefferson Aeroplane" and Mmhmm anymore out of that era.

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yeah I'm not too hyped for the sillier songs but I have hope this'll be good.

12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I'm unashamedly hyped for the sillier songs. Mr. H was so great live.

13. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I'm kinda over the silliness as well. They had some good wordplay in Forget but I liked the overall tone there. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

14. I'm still waiting for this to be the one I'm waiting for. bummer. at least FANSD will never deteriorate

miss you too!

15. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Boo
    [​IMG]

Tim likes this.
  16. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

That image doesn't have the band's name though, it just says Thursday haha.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think the band has been around long enough to know that naming an album Thursday would be confusing with Thursday the band existing

18. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I also think it is pretty clear that the album is not called Thursday lol

19. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Twibbon is kinda like a campaign site, right? curious if they take that route

20. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Aren't those usually done closer to the beginning of the process? Seems like this album is basically done.

21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Gonna check these guys out finally... my roommate who never listens to pop punk likes them, they seem to have a greater ear for melody and pop hooks than most bands in the genre.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

start with mmhmm, Five Score and Forget and Not Slow Down

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

your ability to appreciate their music is informed in part by how long you've been listening to but yeah mmhmm and tbh i would just go straight to Forget from there but that's just me

chhholly123 and beachdude42 like this.
  24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I've liked the songs I've heard so I'm excited to dig in more... I wish Forgot and Not Slow Down was on Apple Music, it's one of the weird albums that's not on there... I'll find it elsewhere I guess.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd say go Forget and Not Slow Down then Five Score and then Mmhmm.

beachdude42 likes this.