Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band • Page 105

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Spazzy McGee

Regular

I have a looooooot of live/b-sides/acoustic/etc for too many groups to switch over

irthesteve likes this.
  2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I guess the other thing I like about Apple Music is that I can seamlessly add tracks from my computer to my library and it still syncs with everything from Apple Music. So I can have Jimmy Eat World's Chase This Light with all the main album tracks being from Apple Music, then add the b-sides from my PC to the album still. In my case, it helps me because my phone doesn't have enough onboard storage for my music library, so being able to stream even songs I just uploaded from my computer is a godsend. That's the end of my sales pitch or whatever though. I didn't switch to Apple Music until I got an iPhone and needed a way to access all my music on the go, so I definitely get sticking old-school if it's an option.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. brothemighty

Trusted

I wonder if on this new record Matt will say fuck and say that boys can kiss other boys

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

wat

Brent likes this.
  5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Idk but I’m pretty sure he smokes a lot of weed

Yourbiggestflan likes this.
  6. Yep. That’s the killer feature.

hermanthehermit and Benjamin Lee like this.
  7. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Yeah, I consider switching back to Spotify every once in a while because I really liked the Discover playlists, but not having a way to sync local files without adding to a playlist and downloading them to the phone is a deal breaker.

8. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Uhm what makes you say that? Lol

9. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

See I just uploaded my music to the service so I could stream it. Had a ton of stuff that wasn't on streaming, but was able to upload to Google and now it's just there.

I still buy CD's/vinyl, but streaming is too convenient haha.

10. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

This is a weird statement, but does anyone else get major Relient K vibes from Gami Gang?

I don't know if it's the songwriting, that Ryland's voice sounds a bit like Thiessen's, or simply all the puns in the titles and lyrics, but both OA and RK light up the same areas of my musical brain.

I swear this song wouldn't sound out of place on Two Lefts...

11. MrAirplane

Trusted

not previously familiar with them but i listened to one of their songs earlier today and immediately thought of relient k

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They've always reminded me of RK.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I listened to the first two tracks on that album and thought it was horrendous, but I'll check out that song specifically just in case

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Literally just said this today haha. It's a good thing to have more stuff like Relient in the world.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

musically that song does sound like The Lining is Silver in certain ways, but boy is it like... "if Relient K was way worse of a band," they sound so amateur and his voice is pretty weak. I dunno, maybe a few albums down the line I'd be interested in them, but everything I have heard so far sounds like the lowest common denotator of what the genre was at it's peak

16. atlas

Trusted

I always thought this song sounded a ton like RK. Was actually slightly let down by the new record bc I didn't think it sounded like RK as much lol

17. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

18. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

r0m4n44 likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Wow!

What will it be...?!

r0m4n44 likes this.
  20. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

My guess is they’re announcing a livestream performance of FANSD.

Gooddayz, r0m4n44 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  21. r0m4n44

Jon Schneck and Warne have been teasing on Twitter (Hoopes and Schneck playing Sahara for example) , I’d be sooooo down for this

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Uhh…

24. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Doing a discog run today and I forgot how perfect of an album FANSD is.

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

It’s my favorite. Even have it tattooed on me.

Zilla and hermanthehermit like this.