Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Yeah, lost mine in a house fire and when I went to repurchase it, they were gone

2. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

CMilliken likes this.
  3. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Always hoping that one day we will hear news from RK that isn’t vinyl related, but then again...

[​IMG]

5. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I hear ya. If it helps, I'd say the continued activity with RK vinyl is a positive thing in that it shows there's still interest in the band. And the band is definitely involved in these releases.

latortuga and contra11mundum like this.
  6. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

My impression with this stuff is always that Hoopes is involved in them. I may be be trying too hard to read between the lines but it doesn’t seem like Thiessen is super into it anymore.

CMilliken likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

haha wow, had no idea about DLD either

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’m not sure how seriously I should take a covers album that has a cover of Crayons Can Melt On Us...

aspeedomodel and SpyKi like this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Relient K can waste 10 seconds of my life, but I’m not sure anyone else has that right.

10. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Just about cover on that comp is astoundingly bad lol

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I haven’t listened yet. But I hope my buddy Bobby Vaughn’s cover is one of the good ones.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I don’t want to be ya know... too harsh. I’ve definitely made some less than great covers for the absolute punk/chorus fm user comps... But there are some, ehhhhhhhhh, questionable (very, very questionable) creative choices on here. Especially on that Be My Escape cover. I don’t know what the fuck happened there.

13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

His cover and the cover of Which to Bury are the only ones I like. So he gets a gold star from me.

Greg likes this.
  14. contra11mundum

It’s funny because it’s true...

:crylaugh::blank::-/:verysad:

15. contra11mundum

Sorry for the bump, but I just saw on my Timehop that they released Bummin and announced Air For Free 5 years ago...

miss them.

16. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Any chance they ever resurface?

17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I can’t remember where but Hoopes said they’ll be back at some point to play some shows.

latortuga and stringerebrock like this.
  18. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I know a lot of people will say “they don’t owe you anything” but this band is so important to me and has been for most of my life and it sucks that they’ve just sort of fizzled out. Everything about them post-FANSD, from the way they (don’t?) promote albums to the general lack of communication/explanation about literally anything, has just been bizarre and I’m not even really sure how to express it or explain what I even mean lol.

Spazzy McGee and stringerebrock like this.
  19. stringerebrock

They seem to have always been like that. And then randomly be like “Hey, we have a CD coming out and we’re going on tour”, five years after they’ve ghosted us lol. I still listen to Relient K all the time... The sound and songs have aged incredibly well. If we got another album from them at some point in the next few years, I’d be losing my mind. I’m not holding my breath though and I’m happy with their discography.

20. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t think they’ve always been like that. I think it’s been since after FANSD. Up until that point there was constant updates on social media, normal album promotion, “‘making of” videos for albums, they even had a podcast at one point, etc. I love them as well and also still listen to them all the time, but it sort of feels like at some point they became independent and started to run things themselves and just aren’t very good at it, or just don’t care, or perhaps both lol. Like, just give me a post from the band’s official social media accounts - “here’s the status of the band” even if it’s “we don’t really know.”

21. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Feel the same, for being such a large group we hear relatively little from them regarding any news or what they’re up to
    Love their discography all the same though

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

eh, I don't really care what THEY do for ME because it's their lives, not mine. If they never want say a word again, whatever. If they want to do a full promo tour and a new album, thats also cool. As a fan, I'll take whatever we get.

latortuga, WeWereGiants and Slangster like this.
  23. contra11mundum

I have serious doubts we ever get another album. Maybe they’ll do a tour.

I could go for a new Earthquakes album. That feels more attainable haha

24. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I've actually connected more with Relient K in my 20s than in my teens.