Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band • Page 100

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"I Need You" was the first Relient K song I loved, after only knowing a few of their jokier songs & not being into that schtick at the time. Remember listening to that song on MySpace and being like, woah, cool, this kinda reminds me of the more aggressive Tooth & Nail/Solid State stuff that largely defined my tastes at the time.

Funny enough, even though the earlier jokey songs weren't my thing, "Must Have Done Something Right" was the second song I loved. Went on to get the album, then The Birds & the Bee Sides, then I think Mmhmm, & being like, whoops, guess I like this band now. (Though, it took FANSD for me to say that I love the band. Still by far the peak of their career for me.)

(Not really a "Deathbed" fan, though, lol, oops.)

Crisp X, SpyKi and Lucas27 like this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

When FANSD came out, I liked it well enough, but it really bummed me out that the drum production was like quieter. I felt like Dave drove the songs much more in their early years.

Now that I'm older, I realize that doesn't matter at all and it and Air For Free are my top 2 RK albums haha

Crisp X and contra11mundum like this.
  3. Lucas27

Trusted

"Must Have Done Something Right" may be my favorite RK song honestly. Hardly a happier song in existence and sometimes I just need that.

m9tt, Crisp X and awakeohsleeper like this.
  4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I used to fucking love Deathbed.

Not a big fan anymore.:shrug:

5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I've always though the drum sound and overall playing is my least favorite thing about FANSD. I think Dave was such a huge part of the band, especially with his backing vocals, and it felt like the drumming was just fine on the album.

I dislike it less now, but it's still probably my biggest complaint. Amazing album.

Crisp X and JRGComedy like this.
  6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Deathbed is fine.

contra11mundum likes this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Deathbed is easy top 10 RK.

Crisp X, Lucas27 and Gooddayz like this.
  8. Lucas27

Trusted

Deathbed is tremendous.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I need to re-listen to Deathbed. Haven't heard it in years.

10. aspeedomodel

It's excellent. But I truly need to be in the mood due to the length and so on. Still a great song, but I don't return very often.

11. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Relistened to Five Score and Forget this morning. Five Score has some good high points but damn, Forget and Not Slow Down is such a consistent album.

12. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Agreed. One of my favorite albums of all time. Got the trailer from the album cover tattooed on my leg.

13. contra11mundum

Random request.

A friend of mine and I have been lamenting for a while that we didn’t pick up the gray Relient K Ohio sweatshirts they had on sale a while back.

He even made a post about it on Reddit, with no luck.

Haven’t been able to find them anywhere.

If anyone on here has one that they would be willing to part with, I wear a large and he wears a medium.

Thanks y’all.

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I saw this little tidbit from Mark Lee Townsend who produced Air For Free and thought it was insightful and worth sharing here:

Source

m9tt, Crisp X, Spazzy McGee and 9 others like this.
  15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Really cool read. The album holds up very well so far. Wish they’d make another one

16. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

17. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

18. aspeedomodel

Hmmmm tempted but I feel like I'll never listen to it haha

19. contra11mundum

Every time this thread gets bumped I get a glimmer of hope...

[​IMG]

20. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Lol. A few more represses are coming in the next couple months, so maybe check back next year? ;) Unless you like vinyl. :)

21. contra11mundum

The real question is what I’ll find when I check next year...? Lol

22. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

You can definitely count on a reunion of users in this thread doing album rankings. :P

23. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

AFF is good but it (and everything after FANSD, honestly) definitely shows that Thiessen just isn’t into it anymore

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. WeWereGiants

Regular

I hope there is an Air For Free reprint in the works, I’m still kicking myself that I don’t own possibly my favourite album of all time on vinyl

Brodobaggins34 likes this.
  25. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

...I'd keep an eye on eBay/Discogs..

WeWereGiants likes this.