Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Relient K is an American rock band formed in 1998 in Canton, Ohio, by Matt Thiessen, Matt Hoopes, and Brian Pittman during the band's third year in high school and their time at Malone University. The band is named after guitarist Hoopes' automobile, a Plymouth Reliant K car, with the spelling intentionally altered to avoid trademark infringement over the Reliant name.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I keep hoping each week they're going to drop some album info or new song... A lot of suspense here.

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

ianebaldwin likes this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love "Look On Up". Hope we get album news soon.

Brent and Eric Wilson like this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I keep waiting each week for them to drop an announcement. Maybe this will be the week!

6. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

glad look on up is probably not on the new album even though I like it okay

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Why? There's literally no chance that every song on their new album is better than Look On Up, ha. If there is then I'll be very surprised and very happy.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Love Look on Up

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"Look On Up" is great, though if it doesn't fit the vibe of the final album, I'll accept it not being on there.

I just want a new album.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This band has kinda lost me. Four years between FANSD and Collapsible Lung, which was a total flop... still love a few of their albums and would love if they released something I'm really into again.

11. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

another FANSD soon would arrive at the right time in my life but i get the impression they're sticking with more upbeat vibes from here on out. which is fine ofc

12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

:-) .........

Eric Wilson likes this.
  13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

mmhmm likes this.
  14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is the band the made me like music. Found them on one of my parents "WOW!" Christian music compilations. hahaha

15. CMilliken

Trusted

These guys need to announce something. I can't take the silence anymore.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  16. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I know, right?

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

I still have hope for this band. Stoked for the new record.

18. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Wait is @mmhmm actually someone from rk?? My heart

19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

still patiently waiting with low expectations

20. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I have a sneaking suspicion that @mmhmm is someone from the band.

I'm almost always wrong on these things, and the silence Brand New often disappoints me, so I'll just let Relient K toy with my emotions a little longer.

CMilliken likes this.
  21. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Only person I can think of is Ethan Luck, he had Combat Chuck as a username over on the old RKMB back in their hayday.

22. AJ Earhart

get off my case

4 of my all time favorite bands potentially releasing new albums this year...RK being one of them. Need it right meow.

Kevin360 likes this.
  23. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

In order:

Brand New / Thrice
    Relient K
    Manchester Orchestra
    Yellowcard (Lift A Sail was a little meh)

Gonna be a good year.

24. AJ Earhart

get off my case

BN, Thrice, RK and Radiohead. Have a feeling Radiohead is just gonna fall out of thin air.

25. sammyboy516 Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I just posted this in the RK subreddit...people on there are way to light on CL and people try to come up with all kinds of weird, convoluted theories to defend it.

I know I'm not the only one who feels that way and it's a shame that it's gotten to this point. I'll listen to whatever they put out whenever it eventually happens but I am finding myself caring less and less as the weeks and months go by and they continue to just be totally silent. At a certain point, to me, it just shows a sort of lack of respect to fans. Not that we're entitled to anything, I guess. It's just so frustrating.

Benjamin Lee likes this.