Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Release New EP • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ianzandi

Regular

Al l opinions and whatnot aside, this is literally the only negative review thread I've seen for AFF

2. efp722

Regular

Never thought there would be this much drama over an album that came out last summer.

Looking forward to check this out.

3. I'd just like to add that Forgive and Not Slow Down and Air for Free are two of the best things this band has ever done. mmhmm is the only other album that comes close.

4. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I think @FTank is just disappointed in AFF. And he has every right to be. But it also explains why he feels the need to get on a message board and say something about it. Disappointed people just want to be heard. Otherwise, why would they take the time to say anything?

5. efp722

Regular

you better watch out! He clearly doesn't like it when people single him out!

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Look on up would of been one of the best songs on AFF had it been on the album. Also i think Empty House would be even better if it was sung without the vocal effects although it has grown on me but I heard it live first and loved it. Was surprised when i heard the album version was like that.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

lol why did you feel the need to goad me over a conversation that's over?

efp722 and dylan like this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

looks like I'll have to give AFF another spin

9. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Gotta be honest... i really enjoyed this thread.

efp722 likes this.
  10. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I mean, as a follow up to Collapsible Lung, in comparison, I'd say it's better. But being better than CL isn't saying much. I don't hate it, but I don't have any desire to come back to it. If I never listened to it in the first place I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything. I don't feel like a Top 10 of Relient K songs would feature anything from AFF either.

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

EP was a lot of fun, and really loved the sound of "Candy Hearts."

dylan and ianzandi like this.
  12. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

FTank likes this.
  13. solxace

oh word?

this is beautiful

14. gregory

storyintl.org

Meant specifically in the pop punk arena. Felt like they could have kept improving if they kept heading in that direction and put themselves in the same breath as Blink, NFG, Wonder Years, etc.

15. I'd argue they are in the same category as NFG, and definitely above TWY.

contra11mundum, mmhmm and dylan like this.
  16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think NFG has a better body of work in the pop punk realm, but Relient K gains points over NFG for being way more willing to do different things