Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K Release New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. It's so good! I love Matt sort of pretending to sound like an 80s punk on the first track when he holds out those notes in the verse.

3. ianzandi

Regular

This is actually really good. Some blends of the new sound but a return to the punk roots for sure. An entire album of this would be fantastic.

4. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i haven't actually listened to Air for Free yet... should probably get on that.

5. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

it's easily one you can pass on

FTank likes this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

On the contrary, it's easily one you can pass on passing on. And then you can pass it on.

(Translation: It's great. Check it out when you get the chance.)

7. ianzandi

Regular

Air for free is fantastic. Collapsible Lung had its moments too but was way too poppy for most fans

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

It's easily one of the best albums of 2016

Lucas27 and Jason Tate like this.
  9. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

You're not missing much. While not as bad as Collapsible Lung, it's still very underwhelming .

dylan likes this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

it was one of the worst albums i listened to last year

dylan likes this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

track one is sweet but 2 and 3 are fart

12. gregory

storyintl.org

This band coulda been one of the greats if they continued in the pop punk direction

13. They are one of the greats.

And AFF is fantastic.

coleslawed, m9tt, mmhmm and 8 others like this.
  14. CMilliken

Trusted

Nice EP. Won't ever complain about getting more music from these guys.

Air For Free is great.

15. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Man, some people just can't be pleased. Gotta find something negative to say. AFF is WAY better than CL.

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I find it odd that you'd reduce a difference of opinion to "gotta find something negative to say"... I think it's pretty self explanatory that people like some things and not others. I highly disagree that AFF is way better than CL, in fact CL has more tracks I come back to than AFF does.

dylan likes this.
  17. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

You're allowed to have a difference of opinion. What you just said is a better explanation than telling someone who hasn't heard it yet they can skip it simply because it was "one of the worst albums you heard last year." Your original post was phrased in a way that seemed critical just for the sake of saying something negative. Your second post was not that way.

Also, I just find it frustrating that some of the same people who trashed CL (I was one of them; it's not good) are saying AFF is not better. In my opinion it's clearly better and more in the vein of what those fans wanted. I just can't see how someone could say it is equally as bad as or worse than CL.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

People say x album is one of the best they heard in whatever year all the time, what's wrong with saying the opposite?

19. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I explained how I felt. Your original post didn't really add anything to the conversation or do anything to help the person who said he hadn't heard the album yet. I guess if you had said it was among the best you heard it might add a little more because it might encourage him to check it out but honestly that comment would also have added almost nothing to the conversation. It's also irrelevant because it's not what you said. I don't particularly want to argue about it.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Plenty of posts in plenty of threads "don't add anything to the conversation", but no one really bats an eye when theyre positive. Negative opinions should be as welcome as positive opinions, since this is a message board and all. And to equate someone not liking an album you like with needing to find something negative to say is ludicrous. That's really not something that added to any conversation going on either.

dylan likes this.
  21. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Then give good reasons for your opinion. I don't know what you want me to say. Your comment came off as negative without any context or explanation. That's why I said what I said. I don't want to speak for him but as I recall @Jason Tate separated the comments from the main page when he made this site specifically to decrease one-sentence replies like that that don't really add anything to the conversation. I think the idea was that there would be fewer posters like that and more dedicated users interested in constructive debates and conversations.

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Again.... I don't see anyone having a problem with someone saying it was one of the best albums they listened to. So...

And you're still going on about adding to some conversation. Can you honestly say that any reply in this thread has added to any ongoing conversation? No, it's essentially been a string of people pitching in with their own opinions. Which I think is completely fine, and it's weird that you're singling me out for doing exactly that.

23. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't single you out. I never even quoted you or named you and you weren't the only one who said they thought the album wasn't good. Read through the thread from the beginning. Three people other than you shared similar opinions and I made a general comment quoting none of them. You quoted me and assumed it was directed specifically at you.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Air For Free is obviously great, though.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, whatever. Regardless, my actual point is still that it's nonsense to call out only the negative posts for not adding to some conversation that wasn't happening in the first place.

dylan likes this.