Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K - Air For Free Album • Page 40

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Absolute gem

2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I’m ready for another RK album

I think id slot this right behind FANSD at this point

JRGComedy and Slangster like this.
  3. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

It's criminal how much I have not listened to this album. With the nice weather pouring in, I am definitely going to change that

Bryan Diem likes this.
  4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

This album is special

Lucas27 likes this.
  5. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Holy crap. Just listening to this for the first time. Loving it.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

This album is special and even more special considering the record it came after was so not. I was worried about the band's trajectory after Collapsible Lung and then they turn around and release some of the best music they've ever made. That bounce back just doesn't happen much.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

CL was a necessary stepping stone to this

Lucas27 likes this.
  8. Doomsday

I will die on the CL is a good album hill and I'm okay with that

aspeedomodel likes this.
  9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Air For Free is my favorite. Still listen to it all the fucking time.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Vinyl sequence puts this right behind Forget, for me. It's a gift that we got the trifecta of these two and mmhmm from one band.

11. Lucas27

Trusted

Absolutely. I appreciate it as a musical predecessor to AFF, it’s just significantly weaker in relation to the albums surrounding it.

My post does make it sound like the band did a musical 180 from CL which isn’t true.

12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I still don't know why but I have not gotten into this album too much. I really need to give it another shot.

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

As much as I could appreciate Collapsible Lung as an album, I judge on how much I’ve returned to it... which is not a lot. It’s always been the lyrics that were the problem rather than the sound. I listen to the first and last track now and again.

This however I keep coming back to. Vintage RK. Doesn’t touch Forget And Not Slow Down and mmhmm but it’s a delight and I’m going to listen to it right now!

Lucas27 and aspeedomodel like this.
  14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

As the weather warms, it becomes Relient K season. Going to blast this album a ton.

awakeohsleeper and irthesteve like this.
  15. Lucas27

Trusted

This. Sonically it's better than people give it credit for, but even some of the best songs are brought down by the lyrics. I actually really like "Boomerang," "If I Could Take You Home," and "Disaster" on a musical level but some of those lyrics... eeesh.

"Don't Blink" and the title track are the only two songs on that record that hit musically and lyrically.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This album turns 3 today.

Still love it.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Top tier RK music, if they are done then they went out with a bang

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I listen to this album constantly

contra11mundum likes this.
  19. BackyardHero11

Trusted

As much as I love so many of their other records, Air For Free tends to be the one I through on more than others now. It really has stood up. If it's a nice day and I'm out for a drive is just feels right to put it on.

20. Doomsday

I don't like Air for Free as much as y'all but it's a pretty good album

21. stringerebrock

One of my favourite summer albums. Really hope RK puts out some more music.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I feel bad that RK covered Africa just a few years before Weezer made it cool

23. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

It’s great and if it is their last one it is a good one to go out on. That said, it isn’t really cohesive/doesn’t feel like an “album.” That makes me feel even more like it might be the end - they just out everything they came up with on it to go out with a bang.

Zilla, awakeohsleeper and mmhmm like this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Totally disagree about the album not feeling cohesive, it's got such a great flow.

25. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

One of my favorites of theirs. Hope we see something down the line from them, but I'd be satisfied with this as the end..