Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K - Air For Free Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Well, the descriptions of the song aren't making me excited.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

kind of how I feel. I doubt I'll ever really listen to this one, wish they would have put out a different song.

3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

They picked the wrong Cleveland team for this song! ;)

4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

They just threw it up on YouTube.

5. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

yeah... I would pretty much only like that if I really liked ohio
    but the album is 18 tracks long so hey maybe the rest will be better : _ )

I actually really like bummin' now, listen to it often.

6. SpyKi

I'm going to need their justification for leaving Look On Up off the album if this is on there.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

the song is fine, and better than anything on CL, but it doesn't really make me excited for the album.

8. SpyKi

I'd take at least half of CL over this song.

m9tt likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cool song. Doesn't blow my mind, but it's enjoyable and summer-y

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I grew up in Canton, OH so maybe there is some bias because I relate pretty heavily ha. But I love it.

Just a fun song about where they're from.

Still way better than CL.

11. Lucas27

Trusted

If it's the only song like it on the album, I really like it. If half the songs are this silly, I'm not sure how I feel.

I'm such an album-centric listener that I always reserve judgment for individual tracks until I hear the rest. This is fun. And better than most of CL, but hope it's the only song like it.

12. SpyKi

The music and Matt's vocals/melodies are enjoyable enough but I hate the Ohio chanting. If it's the only song on the album like it then I'll probably just cut it and enjoy a 15 song album instead, haha.

13. angel paste

don't understand how anyone could think this song is better than stuff on CL, is it because it has "real drums"????

14. SpyKi

I like this more than "Gloria" and "Boomerang" but that's about it.

15. angel paste

I even like Boomerang more than this song tbh :/

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm definitely not going to rank a song I listened to once on YouTube vs songs I've heard many times on CD

whitenblue88 and smoke4thecaper like this.
  17. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This song has a neat little melody and sounds like the guys are having a good time. That subtle Nashville influence seems to be shining through too. It's fun, by no means amazing, but if the album is in the vein of the two songs released, I'll be happy with it.

18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Can't get enough of this song.

There is an earnesty here that was nearly void on CL

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Thought the song was going to be worse, since I read the comments before listening.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I like it. I normally don't like chants in songs, but I think it works a lot better here than a lot of other places I've heard them recently (looking at you, Two Door Cinema Club). And what a great time to be able to release a song like that. Couldn't have planned it better.

20. SpyKi

Party pooper.

21. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Real yawner of a song for me. The only one of their recent releases that hasn't been is "Look on Up"

22. Fox83

Trusted

The song is really catchy. I love everything about it except the lyrics are almost a complete turnoff. Then again, I'm a Bengals fan, so I wouldn't expect to enjoy a song celebrating the Browns. But still, it's a weird dedication. It kind of feels like something they should have just released as a one-off tribute to the Browns.

23. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Enjoyable song, but I'm not crazy about it. Can't see myself not enjoying this album though

Gonna play this song for my friend because he's on such a Cleveland kick lately haha

24. SpyKi

JimmyIymmiJ and KidLightning like this.
  25. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I'm getting a Ben Folds vibe out of a few of those.