Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Refused - War Music (October 18, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mary V, Jul 24, 2019.

1. I’m into it.

2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah this is miles ahead of the last album. Happy to have this, kicks all kinds of ass.

333 GANG likes this.
  3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Love how one of the tracks on Spotify has a video of Richard Spencer being punched over and over again.

4. tomtom94

Trusted

AOTY

coleslawed and 333 GANG like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m a little taken aback by how much I love this after not caring for the last record much at all. This is really fucking good.

beachdude likes this.
  6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

There's a lot to like on this record but I can't help but wonder what it would have been like with a bit more experimentation going off. It just feels a bit straight forward? Jon Brännström brought a lot of the sampling to The Shape of Punk to Come but unfortunately he was kicked out shortly after the reunion tour. That said the riffs on here are dope but I wish they had a bit more punch. Overall it feels a massive step up to Freedom but I definitely need more time with this.

7. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Haven’t headbanged this hard to an album in years. Lmao

333 GANG likes this.
  8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah its definitely much more of a straight forward rock/thrash record than shape of punk to come,

but im into it

333 GANG, kyle, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  9. xthricex

Regular

I generally liked this, but after sitting and listening to the whole album. It feels like It would be just as enjoyable as an EP. The songs that are heavy are great and the mid tempo stuff doesn’t land for me. Would rather weird experimentation plus heavy thrash but, you can’t have it all.

10. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Definitely missing the experimentation and sampling effects I think.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

This is such a banger. Can't stop listening to it. Feels like it's over too fast.

beachdude likes this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

I really like the first song on this and not much else, I'm afraid.

13. 333 GANG

ACAB

That’s a little shocking to me, since most of it sounds very similar, sonically speaking

14. JM95

Trusted

I know but that's part of my problem with the album. REV001 just happens to have stuck with me so far, while not much else has.

None of this sounds vital or exciting to me. I don't expect anything close to TSOPTC but I'd like a bit more than this. I'm in a similar place with it as I was with the ATDI comeback record. I just can't get inspired by it.

15. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I listened to it once and liked it so much I never went back to it because I felt weird for digging refused in 2019 lol

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I don't understand

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

SlappinCups likes this.
  18. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Not gonna lie guys I don’t understand how my brain works either.

the main takeaway here is that this album slaps and I’ll get back to it after my initial shock.

333 GANG likes this.
  19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Gotta admit... I actually like Freedom better than this album by a far margin.... this one kinda.... I dunno, feels too straightforward for me

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

cursed post

beachdude likes this.
  22. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I liked Freedom, quite a bit actually, but War Music has the bangers. Love it start to finish

beachdude likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

like this more than freedom, for sure, but it doesn’t really come close to their pre-breakup material, with the exception of a few songs. Malfire probably the best of the bunch

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. I surprisingly liked it as well. It's still missing the experimentation and the punch their earlier music had, but it's consistent.

25. Noradrenaline

Regular

I think it's a solid album, but yeah, I actually like Freedom more. Seeing them live again this Friday. It's been almost four years since last time. Can't wait!