Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reel Big Fish - "Turn The Radio Off" 20 Year Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Sep 12, 2016.

1. It was pretty much the same as that, I feel like a couple songs might be different. I know they played the same songs off of DFTG and then:

Turncoat
    Press Corpse
    One Trillion Dollars
    Brandenburg Gate
    Cities Burn
    This is the End and a couple more.
    And they covered Should I Stay or Should I Go.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Cool! Man I really wish they were just playing For Blood and Empire. I can't believe they did that tour in Australia and not here

3. That'd be fucking awesome. I don't listen to them too often anymore, but every time I see them I'm reminded of how great of a band they really are.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Set times got changed tonight as well. I would advise not listening to what the venue has and arriving 30 mins before the show is supposed to start if you're trying to catch Direct Hit

Direct Hit 7:40-8:10 PM 30 Min.
    Ballyhoo! 8:25-9:00 PM 35 Min.
    Anti-Flag 9:20-10:20 PM 60 Min.
    Reel Big Fish 10:40-12:00 AM 80 Min.

5. tonyvalentine

Regular

Direct Hit was advertised for kicking off the show last night at 5:30. They started at 5:05. I missed 25 minutes of their 30 minute set. I was pissed. Gotta love House of Blues for their last minute changes.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't blame the venue. Seems like the tour sent out the incorrect set times in the first place and is changing it the day of at all the venues. The bands should tweet about it or something.

I feel bad for DH because I'm sure a ton of people are missing their set every night

7. kidinthebushes Jan 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

House of Blues in Chicago is notorious for botching set times.

8. tonyvalentine

Regular

I'm sure the tour has a part in it considering it's been a common thing on this tour so far. The problem is HOB Chicago pulls this all the time. In the 15 years of going to shows HOB has been the only venue to consistently switch door times, the schedule, and even switching all ages to 17+ without notice. It's a poorly ran establishment.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I love House of Blues as a venue but I agree. I thought I got there early for NFG's self-titled tour only to get there there right as Fireworks was finishing up. I have just been calling the box office lately just to confirm the set times. I should have been doing it yeas ago.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

my bff got me tickets to this not knowing deep down, I had retired both these bands from touring circulation haha. I've seen Reel Big fish 10+ times, Anti-flag 6+ times, and i am totallllly done with both bands! RBF is a shell of their formerselves and i get way too sad watching them...and anti-flag is always fun, but this is NOT their best album by a long shot.

Thank goodness anti-flag isn't doing the full album and doing a greatest hits set too.

11. tonyvalentine

Regular

I felt the same way but I seriously had a blast. Anti-flag did a half hour of die and then a half hour of their hits. The crowd was nuts the whole time. Definitely cool to see them have a good crowd again. I haven't seen RBF in 10 years mostly due to their lineup change and repeating set lists but it was super great and Aaron never lost his charm.

12. domotime2

yeah yeah that's great to hear. I know i'll have fun. It just sucks knowing that RBF and Aaron are doing this literally for the money. There's no way in hell he enjoys playing Sell Out/Beer and the same Suburban Rhythm medley anymore.

13. tonyvalentine

Regular

Once they started Suburban Rythm the first thing I though was do they still do the medley? They sure as hell do. I remember years ago I asked Steve from
    NFG if he's tired of playing "My Friends Over You" every night. He responded with the most honest answer. He said yeah it's boring but it's going to make the crowd go nuts for sure and that feels worth it.

14. domotime2

Ugh the suburban rhythm thing is the worst because it's like a comedian telling the exact same joke 100 times a year, for 15 years. Some people might laugh for the first time, others will roll their eyes for hearing it for the millionth time, and you know the performer despises telling it at that point.

Joe4th likes this.
  15. btr

Trusted Supporter

To be fair, they had stopped playing the extended version of SR for the past two years. Surprised they decided to bring it back. The crowds I've been in seem to still love it

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe the reaction Anti-Flag got last night. I haven't seen that many people go off to them in awhile.

Great show though. Direct Hit was awesome although they only played a few off of Wasted Mind which I thought was odd. I didn't catch Ballyhoo and I've seen RBF a million times it feels like and it's always the exact same thing haha

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's a bit surprising... Some of those songs would wound great in these bigger venues. Which ones did they play? When I saw them over the summer the majority of their set consisted of songs from that release with "Werewolf Shame," "Snickers," and one song from Brainless God and another track or two from Domesplitter.

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure it was this

The World Is Ending
    Artificial Confidence
    They Came For Me
    Paid In Brains
    Forced To Sleep
    Hospital For Heroes
    A Message To The Angels, Pt 2
    We're Fucked

I guess that's a good amount but I wasn't expecting so many old songs haha

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's pretty solid! Surprised there's no "Werewolf Shame," though.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I was hoping for it! I love that song

I was also really hoping for Do The Sick, Villain Alcoholic and Was It The Acid. But they're coming back in April so hopefully we get those then

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This was a fun time last night. Direct Hit is the best band on the bill, they sounded great and it was an all around fun time.

Justin Sane is sounding really rough live.

Reel Big Fish was entertaining, but I'm still shocked they draw as much as they do. Always is the same show every time.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Justin Sane definitely doesn't sound great. Chris #2 sang way more than usual I feel like and he even sang a lot of Justins parts on DFTG, he always kills it though.

Joe4th likes this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It definitely felt like Chris #2 is taking over singing duties, it did seem like a lot of Justin's parts were sang by him instead