Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reel Big Fish - "Turn The Radio Off" 20 Year Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Sep 12, 2016.

1. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Hmm that's a good offer, but it makes me wonder if this is selling poorly.

2. kidinthebushes Dec 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 23, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

It is pretty common for shows at The Rave to be BOGO.

3. if they do a BOGO sale for the SLC date, i'll make it happen, ha. actually, i'll probably go anyway. it's my favorite RBF album.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw that Anti-Flag has a 40 minute set on this tour. Die For The Government is 45 mins long so they're definitely not playing the whole album. I would assume they spend 20-25 mins on the album and then the rest squeeze in some hits

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Where did you see that? This tour starts tomorrow.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I work at the Cleveland venue

kidinthebushes likes this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Rave mailed me two free tickets for the Milwaukee show.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Found a picture of Anti-Flag's setlist last night:

You'd Do The Same
    Die For The Government
    Drink, Drank, Punk
    Rotten Future
    Davey Destroyed The Punk Scene
    Summer Squatter Go Home
    She's My Little Go-Go Dancer
    Fuck Police Brutality
    I'm Being Watched By The CIA
    Kill The Rich
    Your Daddy Was A Rich Man, Your Daddy's Fucking Dead
    Press Corpse
    Turncoat
    All Of The Poison, All of The Pain
    1 Trillion Dollars
    Death of A Nation
    This Is The End
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Cities Burn
    Bradenburg Gate

So 11/17 from DFTG and kind of greatest hits after. Still feels weird to market this as a 20 year anniversary and not play the whole album but I'm glad they're not playing it all

domotime2 and rodkimble like this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I definitely prefer them to not play DFTG, not even close to their best album. Weird to market it like they are though.

domotime2 likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. I mean I guess they're playing some rare songs they don't ever play off it though

11. Joe4th

It'll definitely be cool to see some of these songs. I've seen them a few times now, so I guess I've already seen most of the hits haha

12. Thanks for finding the set, I was curious what they'd be playing. I'm also in the 'glad they arent playing the full album' camp. Also, it was mentioned that they only had a 40 minute set, they can't have played all those songs in that amount of time, right? Maybe it's different at different venues?

13. Joe4th

Yeah, that's around an hour set with talking in between. Unless they're like double-timing some of these songs

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmm yeah that set would be 50 minutes without talking. Weird.

I know that's the for sure set time in Cleveland

15. Joe4th

Is RBF closing every night? Maybe that's where the discrepancy is.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

RBF is playing an hour 20 minutes here. I would assume they're closing every night

17. kman22

Regular

Is either band playing the full album? Looking at setlist.fm, it looks like RBF was playing 2-4 songs off TTRO in the fall leg. That would be majorly disappointing.

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

They played Turn the Radio Off in full on the fall leg. Their set went 4-5 hits, Turn the Radio Off front-to-back, 5ish song encore

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm assuming RBF is doing the same set they did in the Fall which included the album in full:

Reel Big Fish Setlist at The Haunt, Ithaca

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmm Setlist.fm has this listed as Anti-Flags setlist from the first night:

Antiā€Flag Setlist at Ogden Theatre, Denver

But the picture I found on IG was a picture of the setlist that was dated and everything so I would assume that setlist.fm is wrong

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I was on the fence about this tour until checking this thread, haha. Hearing that both bands might be focusing on those records but still playing songs from other albums is a big draw for me...

Probably going to buy a ticket to the Boston date, now. Mostly to see Direct Hit! but I've never not had a fun time during a Reel Big Fish or Anti-Flag set.

22. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

The setlists for St Louis on setlist.fm say that they both played the full albums. Personally I'm hoping they both play them all tonight in Chicago.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like the initial set times sent out to the venues were wrong.

So Anti-Flag is playing an hour and Direct Hit! is starting 15 minutes before they're supposed to. So I would get there early if you're trying to see them.

I'm assuming the first night AF was testing the waters with the crowd and didn't play DFTG in full but maybe the songs got a good enough reaction so now they are playing it.

24. I was at the show last night and Anti-Flag didn't play the full album. I feel like that was the right choice, their set was great and I had a blast. On the same token, I don't think RBF needs to be playing all of Turn the Radio Off in full, either. There's a few songs on it that dragged that could be replaced by some of their better songs from other albums. I couldn't believe there was still another set after Anti-Flag played, I was exhausted.

Also, Direct Hit is so fucking great.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Glad to hear this. I really don't want to sit through all of DFTG haha Was their set the same as the one I posted earlier?

I'm so excited to see Direct Hit! Wasted Mind was one of my favorites of last year

Joe4th likes this.