Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reel Big Fish - Life Sucks...Let's Dance! (December 21, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Oct 8, 2018.

1. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I’ve listened a couple times now. Overall I like it, but I like the second half a lot better. Ska Show through the end is pure gold in my opinion, but a lot of the first half is very forgettable. Regardless, I’m always down for some new RBF in my life.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Now I can FINALLY make my AOTY list!

btr likes this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Funny, I like the first half more haha. Regardless the record is a blast. With this band I don’t need it blow me away, just want some fun new tunes

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  4. JimmyIymmiJ

That’s funny, but I feel the same about the album overall. I’m all for growth and progression, but there are some bands I’m perfectly content with more of the same as long as it can bring some level of quality. RBF is one of those bands. Their songs make me happy, and in this crazy world it’s hard to argue with that!

5. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yup. I throw NOFX in the same category. I know what the album is supposed to sound like, just give me more of that.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it’s not like they used the six years between albums to develop their sound haha. Also weird this is releasing so late in the year instead of in time for summer!

7. JimmyIymmiJ

Yep. NOFX and Rancid were other bands I had in mind when I said that.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This album is fun. I think I’m past my max capacity for loving this band, so I’ll probably return to the older stuff much more than this, but I did enjoy it.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If you're in/around Dallas next Wednesday (1/30/19), Reel Big Fish is playing at the House of Blues and you can RSVP for FREE TICKETS!

House of Blues Dallas

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Released 25 years ago today!!

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

im pretty sure this band called it quits during pandemic

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Really? I saw they were on a couple fests in July but not sure if they happened or not

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's basically been Aaron and a revolving door of musicians, right? They could re-form any time he wants to make some money.

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

Man, looks like they really may have silently called it quits huh

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think during covid this band decided they're done

16. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

Where are you seeing that, they’ve always gone through periods of inactivity and usually come back out of nowhere with a tour or something ha.

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

Not seeing anything official other than no shows/festivals since 2019. Band socials just post throwback clips every few months

Badtasteinmusic likes this.
  18. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I see that as what a band who's taking a break, like RBF does from time to time, does to keep the flame alive until they become active again.

19. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

They played a show in June of 2021 I believe.

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Yeah unless they've said anything id chalk it up to a big break

For a band that famously toured nonstop for almost 2 decades straight.