Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reddit Won’t Turn Over IP Address of User Who May Have Leaked Twenty One Pilots’ Song • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Eric

Regular

Reddit really doesn't suck that much. I've been spending time there and on the bigger subreddits, at least, most hateful comments get downvoted to hell and there's usually nice, civil discussion

2. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I very rarely have a problem on reddit. There are assholes of course, but you just ignore them. The vast majority of people I talk to on there are perfectly pleasant.

RiseAgainst379, Thursdaysox and Eric like this.
  3. Eric

Regular

This. I'm sure they could've done well enough on their own since they already had a nice fan base before the label. But they wouldn't have been nearly as big as they are if it weren't for FBR promoting them. I don't know if that's what they wanted but if it is, they shouldn't be complaining at all. That, and I'm pretty sure FBR let's bands do whatever they want stylistically so I don't think it's about that

4. Eric

Regular

Exactly. I was surprised because people act like it's the worst place on the internet but it's really no worse than most forums. There are some pretty bad subreddits where they encourage shitty behavior but it's unfair to write off Reddit as a whole because of those

RiseAgainst379 and Thursdaysox like this.
  5. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

It's pretty easy just to not go to those subreddits. I have always been confused at the reddit hate too, there so much good content on there.

RiseAgainst379, Thursdaysox and Eric like this.
  6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

FBR are awful.

7. Eric

Regular

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Their marketing outside of the bigger bands are useless. See all the bands that fell apart: Powerspace, Forgive Durden, This Providence, Friday Night Boys, VersaEmerge, A Rocket to the Moon, The Swellers, and many more. Versa especially went pretty public about their treatment.

Vinnie talks about his departure from Fueled By Ramen
    The Swellers leave Fueled By Ramen, release statement - News - Alternative Press
    Former VersaEmerge member calls out band, Fueled By Ramen, Paramore - News - Alternative Press
    VersaEmerge’s ex-drummer opens up about his past with the band - News - Alternative Press

9. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I'm not saying that this is not at least part of their pursuit, but the below statement makes me think there's more to it:

“Upon becoming aware of the Posting, Atlantic attempted to have the illegally-distributed copies of 'Heathens' removed from the Internet,” the label said in the lawsuit.

Their concerns seem equally divided between who leaked it, and the fact that it leaked.

10. Every label does the first. Them trying to find out who it was was why they seek the IP address.

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually really like most of their songs and even saw them live this summer but they have probably the worst fanbase around

12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Seconding- The Swellers and Versa were treated sooooo poorly by FBR. It's like they don't know what to do if the band doesn't blow up immediately.

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Honestly, the only thing I really got out of those two article about VE are that Blake and Sierra are the Don Henley and Glenn Fry of the scene.

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Post Devin leaving, fbr weren't exactly accommodating during the next album cycle (which was only Blake and Sierra) either:

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I get that, I was just remarking about how two different dudes, both whom left on different terms, talk about how crappy Blake and Sierra are as people. Like I'm not a fan and I'm not going to trash their music but man, it's hard to feel bad for people when you hear things like that about them.

16. efp722

Regular

I could actually probably enjoy them tbh. but i just can't stand that "blurry face" voice on that one single and I can't stand some of their chorus choices on some of the other singles. Which ever producer went with those ideas is odd, but then again what do i know.

Whats wrong with the fan base?

17. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'm guessing they're like My Chem's or 5SOS, obnoxious tweens that look down upon people who don't obsess over the band like they do?

18. Lucas27

Trusted

Definitely agree with this if this is the case. Always thought their negativity was more directed to the scene at large though and specific industry people who had a direct realm of influence on their album.

19. Lucas27

Trusted

I think it's just inevitable when a band gets to this level of popularity unfortunately. Honestly, TOP's fan base when I first discovered them was hands down one of the best I'd seen. That fan base still exists, it's just obscured.