Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reddit Valued at $1.8 Billion

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Reddit is now valued at $1.8 billion after their latest round of funding. According to Recode the company will be going on a hiring spree and redesigning their website:

Reddit has raised $200 million in new venture funding and is now valued at $1.8 billion, according to CEO Steve Huffman.

The new funding round, the company’s largest ever, should expedite a number of internal product and business efforts, including a redesign of its homepage and its first foray into user-uploaded video, Huffman added in an interview with Recode.

The money comes courtesy of a number of well-known Silicon Valley investors, including firms like Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, and individual investors like Y Combinator President Sam Altman (also a board member) and SV Angel’s Ron Conway. It also includes money from the hedge fund Coatue, investment firm Vy Capital and mutual fund giant Fidelity.

Raku likes this.
  2. Sander

kflkmflkm

History has shown that redesigning a site with that particular demographic will be a huge mistake.

Raku likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

A website dedicated to cat pics is worth a billion....I believe it

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure about a whole redesign. They've already started to implement some new profile pages for users which is pretty terrible.

5. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

will it finally not look worse than the angelfire site I made in 2003?!

mattylikesfilms and coleslawed like this.
  6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dude who made digg is probably somewhere laughing/weeping

Raku likes this.
  7. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Leave the design the fuck alone. It looks god awful and we love it that way.

jorbjorb, orangehorizon and SamLevi11 like this.
  8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

It'll probably be horrible. But I'll still be on it everyday.

Raku likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Reddit looks terrible, but I honestly like it that way. But I'll give the re-design a chance.

10. transrebel59

Regular

The only thing they need to change is their search function. Don't fuck with the design.

Raku and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  11. MattNCheeze

Trusted

that's a lot of shitposts

Raku likes this.
  12. Saephon

Regular

Ugh, I already see this backfiring. I don't go to Reddit for visuals or style; I'm there for it's easy of use and functionality. It's a news and content aggregated forum - it's primary purpose is for discussion and to be a simple portal to other content not directly hosted by Reddit. It's "outdated" layout serves this purpose in my opinion. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Raku likes this.