Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers World Tour 2022 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Iain, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Iain

Regular

The return of frusciante!

I was ready to buy tickets but at £91.50… I’m struggling to justify it.

2. m32137

Regular

Waiting for tickets to pop up on Groupon.

3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Given the gaps between some of these dates, I imagine second nights will be added in the bigger cities.

4. dubey

Regular

I doubted their ability to sell out a stadium in Toronto lol aside from obscenely priced floors everything else is pretty much gone

Maybe I can score a pit ticket at a 2nd show

5. somethingwitty

Trusted

Between having a pedophile as a singer and being a generally lousy live act, how are they selling all these tickets? Has this many people really never seen them before?

buttsfamtbh likes this.
  6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

People want to see them

alexmacwilliam likes this.
  7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

A few reasons:

1. Big band that hasn’t done a full US tour in… almost 5 years?…

2. New music on the way

3. Two Words: Frusciante’s BACK

8. Phil507

Massive cross-over appeal. More so than any big band, I've always maintained that you could get a bunch of people between the ages of 15-50 together and, regardless of everyone's taste, if you put on RHCP most would be cool with it.

stars143 likes this.
  9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Wow those ga prices

Thought about getting wife tickets for Xmas but God damn

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Im over 50 (barely), but Id go with my girls if the price was lower

11. Phil507

Curious given your age, were you an OG fan into them during their funk era in the 80's or did you first discover them via BSSM? I've been listening to their 80's albums recently and, while the production is a bit dated, they're definitely more fun than some of the latter day releases.

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

UMPP in 87 was known to me, as a senior in high school but when Higher Ground and Knock Me Down came out a couple years later, I was hooked....

And when BSSM came out in 1991 , I was involved with college music/alternative music (new wave), and was excited for that.

In 1992 seeing them at Lollapalooza was way fun (and seeing the fence torn down and burned at Mansfield was rather scary)

But the show at BU (or Northeastern) with Pumpkins and Pearl Jam was great.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  13. Phil507

Interesting as I was first typically exposed to them in 1992 via the MTV Awards with BSSM (I was just about to turn 9 haha). Did you enjoy the transitional One Hot Minute and the re-brand into lite rock with Californication or do you prefer their 80's/early 90's stuff?

14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Fenway - what a show. Daughter got tickets cheap, and sat in grandstand.

Missed Thundercat, but St. VIncent was good.

And the RHCP hit everything I wanted to hear, crowd was electric where we were.

I Liked Josh and felt he got the shaft, but John was simply amazing.

15. SPine

Trusted

I bailed on the Detroit show, day of. I regret it every day since. Also ate my ticket.

16. marceting

Trusted

Went to the New Jersey show, Thundercat was awful. The mix on the bass was so overpowering people were actively leaving their seats to head to concessions.

17. Phil507

Wonder if they'll try another stadium leg next summer or just hit the festival circuit.

18. sam_might_say

Was wondering the same thing since the next new album drops next month. I certainly hope so. I’m pretty bummed I missed the LA show

19. sam_might_say Jan 6, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2023)
    sam_might_say

Old news, but a 2nd leg for the spring dropped. Hitting a lot of the same cities

20. Phil507

Wonder if they do major markets later in the summer again.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious