Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 5, 2016.

1. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea I was about to say, are we throwing shade at By The Way in here because damn

2. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wow. What a headline, wasn't expecting it.

I like Josh a lot. Sure, Johns more of an elder statesman, than Josh, but boy... hope he lands on his feet :/

3. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

SO... was he fired, or did he quit?

4. abw123

Trusted

All the best RHCP albums have John and the band is much better live with him. This is incredible news.

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I get all the best albums conspiracy.... But Josh was around for only 2 albums, which were past my 'love the band' era (see: high school 1987 graduate) and then then 90's....

So, I grew up with John, sure.. But I liked Josh.

(Its similar to - Van Halen - Dave or Sammy). Original is nice, sure (No, I know... NOT original, but YKWIM). Josh just seemed 'nice' :)

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I am 100 percent certain that John approached the band about coming back before Josh "left." It might have been amicable, but I doubt it was his idea.

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Why can't they have two guitarists

8. Craig Manning

Nothing I have ever read or heard about John Frusciante leads me to believe that he would be fine splitting lead guitarist duties.

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

They played together previously, kinda?

10. Craig Manning

Yeah, Josh was a touring guitarist, right? Probably a different dynamic now, though. I do think John and Josh are/were pretty tight back then.

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i fucking loathe this band but john playing guitar again is pretty undeniably rad

12. abcdefg123

Regular

That’s pretty much how I feel. I think John’s a great guitarist and I enjoyed some of his solo stuff. Honestly I don’t think I’d loathe this band as much as I do if it weren’t for Scatman Kiedis. They clearly have a gigantic fan base but it’s just not for me.

13. I’m now super pumped for their next album.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

For my money, there are not too many three-album runs better than Californication, By the Way and Stadium Arcadium.

AlwaysEvolving21 and mike1885 like this.
  15. abw123

Trusted

Yeah those 3 are all terrific for sure

16. Holy shit

17. JM95

Trusted

Not in the least bit surprising.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I have a feeling if RCHP does press for the album, they're gonna have a lot to answer to. They never really apologized or showed any remorse like the Beastie Boys and need to be confronted on it.

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

literally the least surprising

Carrow likes this.
  20. I knew Kiedis basically admitted to being a sexual predator in his biography but even still, what the FUCK????

21. benzoboy

I don't understand why this site chooses to take a stand again bands like Pinegrove and pulls all news from them but openly supports Red Hot Chilli Peppers?

Videos like this show they clearly assaulted a female reporter and she just had to take it. It's not the only time which I think is clear by the video that they've done stuff like this but also this article is another example of what a woman had to experience with them

Blood, Sugar, Sex, Dickheads

Where's the line? What's the cut off point for supporting a band that has a shady past?

I've also seen positive posts about third eye blind yet Jimmy Eat World has made accusations about them as well but we still continue to see supportive posts for this band as well.

Jimmy Eat World Drummer Calls Third Eye Blind Singer A “Fucking Creepy Douchebag” After Co-Headlining Tour

I get that it's a tricky subject. I'm just curious what others thoughts are as we see more RHCP news coming with John joining back with the band.

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Many people choose not to support this band.

phaynes12 and benzoboy like this.
  23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

band is full of creeps

fuck em

24. benzoboy

I'm just surprised that I found out about it recently and never saw any communication about it on here. To me, their behavior is much more egregious. I was excited about John coming back but reading up on their history left me feeling uncomfortable with supporting them.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Making a thread about the shit they've done is kinda counter to what you are trying to do. Giving a separate thread for accusations gives people a way to avoid meaningful discussion. I feel like addressing this in the greater RHCP thread could spark some talks and get people educated.

Just my two cents.