Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Been to more than 100 concerts and to this day Red Hot Chili Peppers was probably the most disappointed I ever was with a concert. Was so bummed when I finally saw them.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd go to this just to see Babymetal again.

4. TMS2787

Trusted

I finally saw RHCP earlier this summer at day 3 of Rock On The Range and I thought the set was good and enjoyable but I didn't leave feeling blown away by the performance. But, I got what I needed out of it as a casual fan and I was happy to finally be able to see them.

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

This goes to the Best show I saw, for the price:

Smashing Pumpkins - supporting Gish
    Pearl Jam - 10
    RHCP BSSM

Think I paid $20. :)

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly, casual RHCP fans would probably love their live show because really, they only play their hits for the most part so everyone knows everything. And they also don't play 2-3 hours so a casual fan isn't going to get lost in deeper cuts or get bored by a longer show.

When I saw them in 2012, I dished out like $90 for floor seats and was so excited to see them. Show was so underwhelming. Only played 18 songs (95% singles and hits) for like an hour and a half. I don't know, I guess a band that has been around as long enough as the Chili Peppers and has so many albums, I figured they'd be at the level of playing 25-30 song sets over 2+ hours. I was wrong.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Only 18 songs? Come on. That's a long damn time to be playing.

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

RHCP are definitely a band I would expect to play for 2 hours.

bachna84 likes this.
  9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Assuming you went to their Cleveland show, I was at that show too.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Setlist at Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

I agree with what you said. It wasn't a BAD show, but underwhelming is also how I would have described it.

I would've liked to see another 6-7 songs too. They didn't play any of their material prior to BSSM, only played 3 songs a piece from By the Way and Californication and didn't touch on One Hot Minute at all.

I saw them this summer at Rock on the Range and the set they played there was nearly as long as their headlining set in 2012. Red Hot Chili Peppers Setlist at Rock on the Range 2016

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

WHAT? Not for a band that's been around for 30 years. Are you serious? Nearly EVERY concert I go to (which like I said, has been in the 100s) the headliner plays between 18-22 songs, and most of the concerts I go to are bands/artists who've only been around 5-15 years.

Pearl Jam is playing between 30-40 songs every night. I know they're the exception, but I'd expect RHCP to be playing at minimum 25-28 songs per night.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, don't get me wrong. They sounded great live and I also watched the live stream of their Lollapalooza show a few weeks ago. They sound fantastic. It's just for a band that has been around for 30 years and has 11 albums, I expected more.

bachna84 likes this.
  12. TMS2787

Trusted

I mean, I'm a casual fan and I enjoyed the set and thought that they sounded good but I am no I hurry to see them ever again. It wasn't bad but I wasn't blown away. I also do think for a band with that many albums, years in the game and hits they should be pLaying longer.

13. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

My dad saw them in 1992 and said it was amazing. Then he saw them in 99 or 2000 with Foo Fighters opening and he said FF stole the show and RHCP didn't seem into it at all.

14. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I saw them twice during the Stadium Arcadium tour. If I were to never see them again, I'd be fine with it. They were great each show but unfortunately a good part of the reason why was because of Frusciante, who is no longer a member and probably will never be one again either.

15. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Well the Foo will do that to you! Saw them with Tenacious D on the One By One tour... still one of the best shows I have ever been to!

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Radio DJ just said RHCP are coming to the New England area in February.

17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Where is the love for them? Pre-sale is coming!

19. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

So - presale went on sale today, and theres NOTHING? yikes.

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Buffalo date sold out. Everyone's losing their shit over how hard it was to get tickets

21. Jerihoar

Regular

Arizona sold out in a few hours yesterday.

22. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I heard LA added a couple shows, will they do the same elsewhere?