Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Hot Chili Peppers to Release New Single on Thursday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's insane how big of a year 2016 already has been - and will be - in music. Was really disappointed with I'm With You but will always look forward to new RHCP.

bd007h likes this.
  3. I'm excited to hear it.

4. JSNFRMN

Palm Dreams

Interested to hear this but wish John Frusciante was still there, he really makes this band so much better, in my opinion the best guitarist of his generation and brought some really great backing vocals. Maybe Josh will step up more this time now he's settled in though.

bd007h likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, my three favorite albums from RHCP are Californication, By the Way and Stadium and John was so influential on those albums. The most disappointing aspect of I'm With You was the clear absence of Frusciante.

6. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Damn, 2016 is killing it. Really unsure what direction they'll head in so I'm curious. Their b-sides collection from the I'm With You sessions certainly contained tracks going down some trippy paths.

bd007h likes this.
  7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Pretty excited

8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Please be good

9. DesolateEarth

Birb

Awesome. I'm With You had its moments ("Goodbye Hooray" is an absolute jam). Looking forward to this.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

No Frusciante no care, it's so tough to replace that guy.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Funny that this happens now: I just submitted a 10-year piece on Stadium Arcadium.

12. Collins

Trusted

I hated breaking the girl but look around from the last album was a fun jam.

13. JM95

Trusted

Hoping rather than expecting this to be any good.

14. JM95

Trusted

Hmmmm