Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 5, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen May 5, 2016
    (Last edited: May 5, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

produced by Danger Mouse and mixed by Nigel Godrich

[​IMG]

01 The Getaway
    02 Dark Necessities
    03 We Turn Red
    04 The Longest Wave
    05 Goodbye Angels
    06 Sick Love
    07 Go Robot
    08 Feasting on the Flowers
    09 Detroit
    10 This Ticonderoga
    11 Encore
    12 The Hunter
    13 Dreams of a Samurai

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I actually really dig this song. It's got a cool dark disco feel that feels new for them. Also glad they worked with someone other than Rick Rubin, though I'm rarely the biggest Danger Mouse fan.

3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Single is pretty good. Slow disco is a nice way of describing it. Intrigued by this album to see how they are w/o Rubin's production.

4. Craig Manning

Did I'm With You hold up for anyone? Really not a fan of that record, looking back. I tried listening last week and it just drags so much.

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I really like some of it still. Monarchy of Roses, Brendan's Death Song, a few others.

6. smoke4thecaper

Has its moments but I can't remember the last time I spun it. Probably not since 2011 lol. That album simply doesn't demand your attention and to me, that's obv the lack of Frusciante. Hopefully they're more settled in now.

7. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

Ooooooh! The Getaway! To where? California?

8. Craig Manning

I think there's some solid stuff in the first half, but I must have always stopped listening before I got to the second half because I didn't remember anything after "Goodbye Hooray." Of course, like all of their albums, it's way too long.

Frusciante leaving has gotta be one of the most noticeable departures of a band member that wasn't the frontman. Listen to Stadium Arcadium and he's dominating the sound: the harmonies, the aesthetic, the guitar solos, etc. Then listen to I'm with You and all of that is gone. It's super jarring if you play them back to back.

9. smoke4thecaper

Dude, it really is. The single comes close to matching their usual sound, but as good as Chad, Anthony and Flea are together, having John there really enhanced all of their parts and completed their sound. I don't have anything against the new guy, Josh, but he didn't know his placement yet in the band. Hopefully, DM helped take them to Frusciante-like levels of creativity. I enjoy the single, the band sounds more excited for this album - I'm in.

10. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Haven't really been into them since Stadium Arcadium. Wasn't a huge fan of it, but their releases before then were always good to jam.

11. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Loving the tracklist names & the album art. Also huge HUGE fan of Dangermouse he always brings fresh ideas to bands that need a little pick me up! Stoked for this!!!

[​IMG]

01 The Getaway
    02 Dark Necessities
    03 We Turn Red
    04 The Longest Wave
    05 Goodbye Angels
    06 Sick Love
    07 Go Robot
    08 Feasting on the Flowers
    09 Detroit
    10 This Ticonderoga
    11 Encore
    12 The Hunter
    13 Dreams of a Samurai

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. LionInMyPocket

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Flea really saves the song imo, it's alright outside of that.

14. JM95

Trusted

Song is pretty dull IMO.

15. JSNFRMN

Palm Dreams

Like it but like 'I'm With You' I suspect it'll be an album I won't re-visit too much. Flea is great. Feel sorry for Josh, big shoes to fill and all that, really miss Frusciante though.

16. Love Danger Mouse so I'm excited to hear this.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Agreed on all counts.

18. The song is only ok.

19. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

image1.JPG

20. smoke4thecaper

I listened to it a few times after being disappointed the first listen. There's a lot going on in the song, which is why I wanted another couple listens. Enjoying it a lot now. Def gonna be a grower, but I can see it making waves on the charts.

But yes - kind of an unusual choice for a "summertime single."

21. LionInMyPocket

I def agree that there is a lot going on in this song now that I've gotten to listen. Lots of new elements that intrigued me but it just feels like it's missing some energy or something. Like it just needed an exciting moment to kick the song into high gear... Still better than most of the last album though.

22. MrNvmbr

I don't understand all the negativity that RHCP receive. People often say they haven't done anything good since Blood Sugar Sex Magik, but Californication and By The Way are two excellent albums and Stadium Arcadium would be close if it wasn't so bloated with sub-par songs. Really liking the new song, and I'm very excited to see what Danger Mouse brings to the table with the rest of the album.

23. JM95

Trusted

One Hot Minute is a really underrated album.

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Aside from the bass, don't dig this at all.

25. Craig Manning

He was just way more than a guitarist. Musically, I think he had completely different tastes than the other four guys, so he added other dimensions to their sound. By the Way is my favorite Peppers album because of his contributions.