Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Hot Chili Peppers – “The Getaway”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

This song is not good. :(

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's not horrible. I still think both of the songs released from The Getaway are better than 90% of anything released off I'm With You. This song has an early 2000s vibe.

4. Fox83

Trusted

Not a fan of the first two singles. Dark Necessities sounded like it could have been a 3rd or 4th single on the tail end of the album's promotion, if that makes sense. There's nothing really bad about either of these songs, but there isn't anything memorable either.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

First song was great, but I'm not too into this one. Also, there's the requisite mention of California!

6. JM95

Trusted

It is quite astounding how dull this band are now.

7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I wouldn't say it's astounding considering they have been making music since 1983... I do like the new songs, but they definitely don't match up to the Fruciante standard. They are clearly just trying to expand their sound which I respect and kind of dig. Definitely not the rock and roll one would expect from them thoug. (Come back john!!!)

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think this is better than what the consensus seems to think. Don't love it, but it was a nice listen.

9. uuhhmmaazziinngg

Your move blink-182...

FakeGyllenhaal likes this.
  10. falconate

Open your closed mind. Prestigious

Maybe this will grow on me with subsequent listens, but as of right now I'm indifferent. The production is interesting and I'm glad they're experimenting, but this song is just so underwhelming. I kept waiting for it to fully kick in and it never did.

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

They just need Frusciante, IMO. Without him it's just a fundamentally different band. A band I can enjoy from time to time, but still.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoyed this one as well!

13. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I've enjoyed both the songs so far.

14. DooDooBird

Trusted

I've been pretty underwhelmed by both of these new songs. Ugh. Sounds like b-sides from their previous albums.

15. DesolateEarth

Birb

Liked the first song more. Meh.