Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XB1, Oct 26, 2018) Video Game • Page 56

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CobraKidJon, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

So my first run through I documented Arthur’s mustache growth in this thread. Upon the second time it’s all hair, baby. Chugging hair tonic like water. Here’s my progress so far...
    2B5C8F1D-B75D-4C2D-B5F9-F42FA5E4F0F8.jpeg

Zilla, Anthony Brooks, Matt and 2 others like this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I finally beat this the other day! What an incredible story/world. I was at 85% when I wrapped up the epilogue. Wanna go back, and do all the side quests. Plus I was severely lacking on the challenges

Anthony Brooks and jorbjorb like this.
  3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Kinda gutted that Arthur didn't get to kill Micah. Just starting the epilogue now.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So one thing that bugged me I thought for a while adter the Epilogue began that possibly Arthur could’ve survived! He falls, and is wheezing shortly before the last mission. A strange pair of shadowy people pick him up, and take him to a random bed. They give him something, and then he awakes. It’s never explained what that was correct?? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I thought it was possible a cure or something to aid Arthur with his TB. Thus since we don’t see him draw his final breath after the micha fight I thought it somewhat exciting if he stepped out, and was alive during the epilogue. Obviously very unrealistic, but I loved Arthur.

5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I got a slightly different ending for Arthur that resulted in a more brutal death for him haha.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ohhhh I had high honor so his death was him being very wounded after he fights Micah, and just shows him laying down looking at the sunrise.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ohhhh I had high honor so his death was him being very wounded after he fights Micah, and just shows him laying down looking at the sunrise.

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Who plays a cowboy game to be a good person

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Arthur’s an honorable man!

waking season and Letterbomb31 like this.
  10. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Not when I played lol

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I finished Chapter 6 like a true cowboy (after a night of drinking on new year's eve so I hardly remember what happened)

Jake W likes this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

My Arthur was a fighter. A killer. And a crazy man

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Well, I finally got to chapter 5. Guarma feels like something they intended to be a much more robust location at one point, but maybe abandoned. Want to go left? Cool, here's some soldiers shooting at you. How about right? Now you're stuck in a trap dug by the soldiers, and they're still shooting you. I'm obsessive, so I'm suffering through while I catalog the exclusive animals, but then I'm out of here as soon as I can.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah at my ending there was no question whether or not he was dead lol

Joe4th and jorbjorb like this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Did the serial killer side quest and while i was pokin around the braithewaite manor remains i stumbled across outhouse braithwaite and it nearly scared the crap outa me lol

Anthony Brooks and jorbjorb like this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’m reading early pages of this thread to see if there are any tips or points i missed and i am crying right now at this lol

dadbolt and Matt like this.
  18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

To be fair it was a useless horse

19. Argus

I'm losing my mind trying to find the Carolina parakeet. I've spent literal hours at every single spawn point mentioned online, at point spending 24 in-game hours riding back and forth in Hagen Orchard, but no dice.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

So in my second play thru I reached the Epilogue this week but have a separate save file before I reached it. I want to find side quests that I didn’t get to in my first round. In the past few days I got to the Serial Killer one and the Incest Hillbillies one... are there any other side quests to seek out? I found the gold bars in the train in my first go-ahead. Still haven’t come across any UFOs.

21. Argus

I finally got to the "mission" where you learn that Arthur has tuberculosis, and I'm pretty bummed out. I assumed he died at some point during the game (as I know you play as John at some point), but I expected it to occur in some shootout or something. I've done pretty much everything I can at this point side quest wise (save for find the Carolina parakeet!), but it's still really sad to think about playing the rest of the story missions with a very visibly ill Arthur. I've been playing since late October, so I'm very attached to Arthur at this point. Darn it, Rockstar!

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

I didn't find his poor health status greatly affected his condition (ie he dies faster from bullet wounds in a firefight) but it's good to stock up on food and medicine/tonic but because he's sick he can only ingest a limited amount of food at a time so space it out

23. Daniel Mar 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2019)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Girlfriend wanted to try playing, within seconds she punched my horse in the face and got too sad to continue.

PauLo and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Came across the meteor house, these poor saps don’t know what hit them. You can take the meteor but I could only get $30 from a fence for it

5112D4F3-FC12-4B05-95DE-FB0D81E1771A.jpeg
    95CA0E8A-A714-4937-9AE6-D20A5041AED5.jpeg

25. Argus

It's more that it hits me emotionally, having spent so much of the last six months with my Arthur.