Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XB1, Oct 26, 2018) Video Game • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CobraKidJon, Oct 25, 2018.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

You should really play the first one.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m gonna buy the collection soon

Anthony Brooks and Joe4th like this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I played the first one this summer and loved it. It felt extra tense coming from Breath of the Wild and Skyrim.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

to an extent, i can sort of agree. i'm definitely nearing the end as the arthur/dutch tension is building to what i assume is a near boiling point and i find myself going into missions thinking "alright, how will this eventually turn into a 3-phase shootout that i either need to escape or hold off".

i love the story though, and i love the character interactions. i also love my crazy huge 'stache.

DickyCullz likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also have the Nite Folk been discussed here? I know there's a mission involving them that is triggered by running into them at night, but, i'm almost scared to lol, the first time i encountered them i was truly terrified at how quickly it all happened.

6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

exactly, every mission appears to be either go here and pick this person up and drive a wagon slowly, or go here and end up in a shoot out

7. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I finally finished the epilogue and had credits roll.

The story was good, but c'mon it's no Shenmue!

delvec19 likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

was it the video game thread where we were talking about rockstar's outdated mission design or was it this thread? either way, their mission design needs to catch up to their open world design.

waking season and Joe4th like this.
  9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I did that mission. Man fuck the night folk and watch out if you see a body randomly hanging from a tree

10. That was my only encounter with them. Got off my horse to check out the hanging body and then turned around and three or so of them were stalking up slowly behind me. I was so flummoxed I was too slow to start a-shootin' and got very knifed

what's the next move to get the mission?

BirdPerson likes this.
  11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

They scare the shit out of me

BirdPerson likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'm pretty sure you have to run into them at night and either kill one of them or be killed by one of them, and then in Saint Denis the mission will appear as a "?". I'm fairly certain the mission is called "A Good Night For It" or something like that.

BirdPerson likes this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i love how i feel like i am getting close to the end, then i keep getting more damn missions to do.

14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Half way through epilogue. Don't really want the game to end. Been such a trip haha

15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

That was my experience first too lol

Idk it was a random encounter with a guy at night. I had just finished up a mission for the mayor I believe

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I thought the first few missions of the epilogue were a chore (literally) to get through. But once it got rollin' I thought it was amazing how it all panned out.

sophos34 likes this.
  17. prattsy

Regular

Story was the best since Last of Us, for sure. But I do agree that near the end the missions become just a means to progress the story and aren't overly enjoyable.

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Def not overly enjoyable as a gamer. But we're all talking about how great the story is. So missions that push the story contributed to why we all loved the game.

19. GBlades

Trusted

Storywise; I preferred TLOU, that shit was just emotional and ground-breaking at the time. That game will always hold close. I'm not even sure what my favourite story would be, I usually tend to base my opinions on games altogether with gameplay, visuals etc.

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The feeling I got when playing through Bioshock the first time might never be duplicated

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the epilogue is just ridiculously rewarding imo. winding up playing as john is really the best route they could have taken since you get john taken away at the end of the first game. it just feels really good to finally get to play as him again

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

bioshock’s story is amazing. I took a magic and mysticism class at MSU and i remember one class being devoted to it

Joe4th and waking season like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ok so i had a ton of money and spent like $900 on a fast ass good horse, then went and did the penelop/beau escape mission, left that horse in rhodes and ended up damn near black water and now i have no idea where that horse is, i have a shitty temporary horse, its not at a stable and i cant find my saddle anywhere.

I am annoyed.

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Thats about the same time my horse disappeared too

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

IIRC it might be in the stable if it's not dead