Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XB1, Oct 26, 2018) Video Game • Page 41

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CobraKidJon, Oct 25, 2018.

1. tommyboy182

Super Duper Ultra Newbie

Sounds like the single player campaign also

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

How about an online game where you just play poker with other players

3. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I've had two of the encounters so far, one a little to the east of Flatrock Station, and the other just after crossing into LeMoyne in the NW corner.

I played online for about five minutes with the first Red Dead. During those five minutes, I was killed probably ten or so times by someone manning one of the cannons in Fort Mercer. I'd die, and then respawn in pretty much the same spot, only to be killed immediately. Not my idea of fun.

dallasc and yeahrightdude like this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Kyle Max and yeahrightdude like this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

6. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Online is boring and just full of people that grief the hell out of you constantly. Never mind the fact that weapons are stupidly priced and missions barely reward you, spent ten minutes delivering mail and got $4.81.

jorbjorb and yeahrightdude like this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Can you engage with people like in the game? i.e. "greet", "antagonize", etc.

8. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

You can do emotes which are basically the same thing but you have no choice whether to be able to engage in combat or not as far as I can tell like in GTA Online.

9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I was just riding around Lemoyne at night. I don’t remember the exact location but it was kind of close to camp.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Trying to find the lion and when he started running towards me, he jumped and slashed my throat with his claw! X-(

Brent, yeahrightdude and T.J. like this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they killed hosea I’m crying

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  12. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

you guys are making me never want to leave chapter 3

herbalist 9(?) is a bitch and a half, collect all 43 "herbs", so that should take a nice long while yep yep

13. mesi

Regular

I have pretty much stopped doing challenges, as they feel more like a chore than anything else to me.

Arry likes this.
  14. Argus

I just did that mission tonight, too! I had a sinking suspicion that the last animal would actually be real, and it didn't disappoint.

I kind of hope Online doesn't take off like it did for GTA, only because I don't think there's any chance we'll ever get any single-player DLC from Rockstar again as long as the Online components are making them tons of money. That's a shame, because their extra content is usually exceptional. Undead Nightmare is my favorite game expansion ever, and though I don't plan to actually be done with the base game for quite some time, it'd be nice to know there's more content waiting for me.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I have no interest in online

16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll jump online when I beat the main game, so at this rate in five years

jorbjorb and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  17. Argus

Same here. I don't ever want to be done playing this game. I've opened up the entire map (save for New Elizabeth and the prison), but I have yet to take a train. I gave in and took a stagecoach from Strawberry to Rhodes last night, but only because I had a perfect pelt for Pearson and sometimes they disappear when I save and load.

GrantCloud likes this.
  18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I just started Chapter 4 and haven't traveled West of Strawberry yet

sophos34 likes this.
  19. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

do you get any missions to go into any of the forts??

20. Jimnatives

I'm going to see how long it takes me to walk from one side of the map to the other.

21. Syre Dream

Regular

yes

Arry likes this.
  22. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

heh i took a canoe to the penitentiary, and subsequently, my bounty in lemoyne is at $350.50
    edit: they're coming after me with dogs now and i feel bad when I have to shoot them :(

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I like how Arthur kills like 500 people and criticizes Dutch for killing 2

jorbjorb and sophos34 like this.
  24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like Red Dead Online is as much of a free for all as GTA online was at launch, I remember the days of people camping at ATMS.

25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah aside from work and other activities im pretty busy to ever get too in depth in gaming sessions. i maybe play 2-3 hours at a time. im hoping next weekend im able to actually dedicate a afternoon or evening to just playing it.

waking season likes this.